News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Griffin NoName, September 11, 2007, 10:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on January 17, 2009, 11:38:38 PM
Kirikou et la sorciere
I love that one.
But I was not surprised to hear that there were protests against it. There are nudes and hald-nudes in it and that perv of a director insisted on this "realism" without regard for the fragile souls of children  :mrgreen:

Mother, give me birth!
A baby that can talk in the womb can give birth to itself

---

King Hu* - The Valiant Ones

*that's the director, not part of the the title
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

beagle

"Another Country".  Free with the Torygraph today.  Seen it before, but had forgotten what a good film it was. Might not mean much to those who postdate the Cold War or haven't heard of the Cambridge spies though.

Quote from: Swatopluk on January 13, 2009, 09:29:33 AM
This public information video about gay marriage from the 50ies  ;)  :ROFL:
http://www.236.com/video/2009/a_236_propaganda_production_ga_11005.php

And I'll bet they're all communists.  ;)
The angels have the phone box

Swatopluk

Just more downloaded clips from teh youtubes  ;)

Gloria The Camel

El Rey Scopriona!

The Scorpian King...In Spanish...

Griffin NoName

'allo Gloria !!

Demons, episodes 1 thru 3.

I suspect the only point of watching it at all has just occured at the end of episode 3, where Mum says to teenage son who she has no inkling is in fact the Last of the Van-Drivers (or some such illustrious and especially-powered family on his long dead father's side) and whose day job is killing inhuman half-lifers etc.......  "are you on drugs?".

I think one or two of the actually talented actors must have been on drugs when they said yes to the role - or maybe it is just another sign of the recession.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Gloria The Camel

'Allo Mr.  Griffin!

John butler trio concert! Wooohoooo!

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on January 19, 2009, 02:28:50 AM
Demons, episodes 1 thru 3.

I watch that too. My rubbish TV substitute for Desperate Housewives when it got boring.

Victor Meldrew as the monk/prophet/weirdo was good value in 2. Didn't quite grasp in 3 why the bomb timer was set to a convenient 45 minutes instead of a more reliable 5; presumably to give wotshername time for the unrequited love mobile phone soliloquy.

where Mum says to teenage son who she has no inkling is in fact the Last of the Van-Drivers (or some such illustrious and especially-powered family on his long dead father's side) and whose day job is killing inhuman half-lifers etc.......  "are you on drugs?".

Parents always do that. Bree asked Andrew exactly the same question. It's a tradition...

Aphos

BBC America has been showing very early Bond movies on Sunday nights.  Tonight was Thunderball.  Connery is still the best Bond.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Swatopluk

Quote from: Gloria The Camel on January 18, 2009, 11:00:27 PM
El Rey Scopriona!

The Scorpian King...In Spanish...

Does that add another level of atrocity?  ;)

Pachyderm

Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Swatopluk

Quote from: Pachyderm on January 19, 2009, 10:09:25 AM
Futurama

I am eagerly awaiting the 4th direct to DVD part (I think it's scheduled for February)

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on January 19, 2009, 07:29:46 AM
Victor Meldrew as the monk/prophet/weirdo was good value in 2. Didn't quite grasp in 3 why the bomb timer was set to a convenient 45 minutes instead of a more reliable 5; presumably to give wotshername time for the unrequited love mobile phone soliloquy.

Pity Richard Wilson who shall for ever be known as Victor Meldrew !  He may have been manifesting as a monk/prophet/weirdo, but he was actually a zombie. I'm surprised you got the plot at all without that piece of knowledge (ok, I admit to using google).

Surely the timer was thus to give time to gen up on bomb disarmament via the handy library? (the phone call was made with only 1 minute to go - you need to watch more carefully ;) ;) ;)). I was rather hoping that the library would tie up with Victor Meldrew as monk/prophet/weirdo and we'd find ourselves in some kind of Umberto Eco Name of the Rose zombie adaptation. Perhaps that will follow in some later episode.

Am I really discussing this ?  :ROFL:
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on January 19, 2009, 01:35:27 PM
Am I really discussing this ?  :ROFL:

While it has no intrinsic merit, it achieves an incremental significance, if only as social history. *

And it's, like, yer know, way cool.

* If you ever finally get round to watching "The History Boys", we can discuss that instead. Meanwhile the demons have it.

Griffin NoName

Just watched Mortimer's Journey Round My Father. Now, that IS social history, especially as his father is played by Olivier ;D
Psychic Hotline Host