News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Griffin NoName, September 11, 2007, 10:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Didn't know you were an anime fan, Swato. :D

Currently, watching the the middle sister beat up violent plants on Zelda, Twilight Princess. Ah, now she's feeding them exploding bugs (or something). They make the plants explode, anyway.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Swatopluk

A quite selective anime fan. Most are imo cheap crap (and occasionally expensive crap).
Additionally the DVDs are usually extremly expensive, especially the more special ones (that also tend to be short)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

I have a few I like. Ever see Akira? Like that one.

Watching The Simpsons while waiting for my rice to cook.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Swatopluk

Indeed (btw, are rampaging teddy bears a common feature? There is another in Afro Samurai and I vaguely remember to have seen more of those)

Not in the ones I watch...but I like One Piece, Akira, Spirited Away...etc. But meeybe? I can ask the various anime fans I know.
Afro Samurai? I need to see this. :D anything with Samuel L. Jackson as a voice actor has to be good.

Swatopluk

But also extremly bloody (especially, if you get the director's cut)
[youtube=425,350]JxGAZFDMIx4[/youtube]
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=JxGAZFDMIx4
This monitor is weak in red, so I can't say, whether this contains the cinema or the director's level of gore  ::)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Florida All State concerts in Tampa since 9:00 AM (my son played in the first concert of the day). The last concert begins at 8:00 PM. I'll upload my son's concert to youtube as soon as I get home tomorrow if someone wants to see/listen.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Ikarie XB 1 - a Czech SF movie loosely based on an early story by Stanislaw Lem

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

One of the videos I just uploaded. Not the best angle but the stage was higher than the public  :-\
[youtube=425,350]98hVPO3BCLs[/youtube]

Very nice.

[youtube=425,350]WOt15JsLloU[/youtube]

beagle

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on January 12, 2009, 03:43:19 AM
One of the videos I just uploaded. Not the best angle but the stage was higher than the public  :-\

Before long they're going to work out you are the phantom bootlegger.
The angels have the phone box

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Oh, I've been naughty, we weren't supposed to 'tape'* the concert, but my son was playing and it's the quickest way to show it to the family back home (besides, I would have to buy a copy of the 'professional video' for each person I want to show it to). In all fairness I'm not sure if there is a valid copyright claim, considering that the performers weren't paid, that -I imagine- the parts were paid to the publisher or are used with permission for the works that aren't in the public domain, and to top it with a relative low quality for the recording. Besides, apart from the parents of the young performers I have my doubts anyone else would pay to listen such versions (not to say they didn't do a great job, which they did).

Meh, copyright doesn't make sense anymore.

*are tapes still used? In some cases to be fair but it's a royal pain to move that to the computer and then edit, etc, etc. The camera I use makes mpgs in a memory card that I can upload with no extra work...  :D

Swatopluk

Griffin NoName

The Lake House

Quote wiki -  .......this is known as a temporal paradox, and has caused several critics to point out the illogic of the entire premise......

Don't critics know this is fiction? What is wrong with temporal paradox in in fiction ?? Someone remind  them about suspension of disbelief !
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk