News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Clue Recap:

If you want to argue about the LPW, you'll come up short.

anon1mat0 might think the LPW is close to water, and E.Raser might think that it's more to do with poor air quality. Watch your language! Erm, or is that languages?  The LPW is in English, though the clues may not be.

Fans of classic American children's literature might do well to recall the song "Down by the Bay", though in context a smaller body of water was involved. 

Vita Curator's on the right track ('Where the Watermelons Grow'). The rest of that clue could be useful if your thought process is a little wilder than usual.  The clue in this paragraph will help with the previous clue referenced in this paragraph.

2 syllables, noun, and no longer in common use.  A medical term.

I pre-planted a huge clue during a March, months ago.  Contains 6/8ths of the letters of the LPW, in the correct order, and nearly the same pronounciation.

As usual, there's at least 2 or 3 different paths to follow (i.e. all the clues converge together, but may not help each other). 

Last Post
WWDDD?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

:wawes to Qwerty:

Hey Q, how ya been?

:distracts Aggie and takes the last post:

Last Post

I'm back..

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Quote from: NoName on October 27, 2006, 03:50:33 AM
RRRRROOOOOOAAAAARRRRR Q IS HERE YAY!!!

Q, was it you that brought the lion?

Last All right... where's my whip and chair? Post

Aggie

At Madame Fifi's I think....

(OK, I'm sure you get the whip, but did you ever see 'the lady with the chair' strip?)  ;D

Last Post
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

The Italian term for bad air is malaria, if I remember correctly.
Anything to do with swamps?
Or are we searching phonetically for a molar ?
Otherwise currently no idea.
Last Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

Oh, there's Swato!  I knew something was missing.  ;)

a) On the right track of one clue-path...  needs augmentation with two other languages and may require punning them.
b) Somewhat in the right vicinity of another clue, though probably not following the wagon tracks to get there.
c) No morals or molars here.

Last Post
WWDDD?

Wild guesses:

eyelets

trepan

Last I'm shooting blind here Post

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

LPWG is too confusing for my addled brain (no coffee, today, am home sick)

So, I'll just nick the last post
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

garrrrrrrraarrrarrrfffffarrrgarrrrr

*tenaciously holds onto Last Post liken to a puppy*

Last Post!
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Aggie

*rolls up a newspaper*

BAD!!!  DROP IT!!!

*don't* mess the carpet.

Last Post
WWDDD?

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

oh I'll mess up the carpet.....

*runs far away with Last Post, but ends up running about the monastery in a general circle*

Last Post!
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Vita Curator

ARRGGHH!  With each subsequent clue I am becoming more cornfused.

Last (confuzzled) Post
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Hmm...

For some reason I think "the vapors" (or maybe the alternate spelling "vapours") might be the word.

Last Post

Aggie

Hehe... that's the way I clue.  They are not additive, but are separate paths to the solution.  Swato almost nailed it, though.

I thought someone would have made progress on the American children's literature / watermelons / wagon tracks lead, especially with the italicized clue-dropping (google, google, google!).  I didn't expect this path would be easy, but SOMEONE must remember the same chapter I do.  Can't think of another well-known use of the word.

The March clue was a red herring for Sibling Toluous, but didn't work.  It is a real clue, if you're thinking temporally, and if you solve it you'll find that 3/4 of the LPW is right in front of your face.

Last Post
WWDDD?

I'm not that well read when it comes to children's literature, but might it have something to do with a prairie or a plum creek?

Last Post