News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Even some kinds of ants have a medical use. The soldiers of one species can be used to clamp wounds/medical incisions.
Position their heads, let them bite, then screw off the body. The mandibles stay closed until the wound has healed.

Last no danger of allergic reaction to suture material and thus less nasty scars Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin

HP fiddling with my laptop has led to total failure. It has a new motherboard for corrupt memory but BSOD still happened. So, I have a temporary installation of Ubuntu and I don't really like the interface. HP will be sending me a USB with Windows fresh installation and I am very cross because I think they should have gone on investigating the BSOD once memory corruption dealt with. I did tell them the memory corruption was a red herring but they won't listen.

So that's why I haven't been around and haven't been sorting out our screwed up forum, which is not behaving as screwed up.

Last may be off air until laprop restored to full service Post
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Do you have a way to run Memtest+?

http://www.memtest.org/

Last you can install it in on a USB drive and do a test Post

Griffin

Yes, memtest run. Since they changed motherboard there is no corruption. The original problem still happens.

Today I got a DVD of Windows 10 Pro x64 to fresh install. The laptop does not have a DVD drive and a USB stick was ordered. They know the model so me very cross with them. Stupid nerdy idiots.

Last actually I bought a DVD drive as an accessory but they don't know that - I may be off air a while as I will be re-installing everything and it is a lot - repeat glad ok Zono Post
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

What end up happening with the laptop?

Last I have been resurrecting a pair of old laptops myself Post

Griffin

The laptop is back up running - good so far.

Data all restored.

Software re-installing stalled about 2/3 of it. Luckily I got my desktop back, and my downloads directory so I can tell what s/w needs re-installing, but it's taking forever. I have all the software I use all the time back, only rarely used still to do.

I hate the way support staff glibly say - re-install Windows - they don't seem to be aware they are leaving you with weeks of re-installing everything. But I suppose they are reading from scripts. Did I say about the support agent who had never heard of the Registry - didn't even know the word.

Still no time to sort this forum out but as long as it works as it is we should be ok. I am now doing my accounts in order to complete my tax return (deadline looming) and all my time is being spent on this. Remember, I generally only get 2-3 hours of usable time in a day, and that's not even every day as some are wiped out.

What has happened to the 2 word story?

Last frantic Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Low activity lets overlook dormant threads?
Occasionally I can't find a proper continuation and then forget about it.
In the past there were enough people around to come up with something.

Last currently a bith through the wind while having much to do in a hurry at the same time Post

Griffin

You and me both.

My accounts are finished Hurrah!

Now I can start on my tax return, although that requires more than just information from my accounts and my bed is covered in bundles of papers randomly distributed because Carer said she could change my bed linen without disturbing my filing system of bundles, and didn't.

Watch out for Bruder Cuzzen - he found out where we are!!s

Last almost can't walk at all now and still re-installing software - two not related Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

I just noticed that your post count is extremly low (193?), as are your Warm & Fuzzies.
And I did not notice your change of avatar either before.

Last self-degradation? Post

Griffin

Yes, I have two logins. My normal one is Griffin Noname. But while fiddling with this new construction, I am using the one I don't use so that my normal one's post counts and so on don't get altered but can be picked up where I left off when we were still under Mental Block's web hosting.

There is a fascinating back story. MB got my name on the Joomla side different to my name of the SMF side.

Actually I now have an additional login as the administrator of the whole kaboodle.

Unfortunately, I have just discovered with the help of Aphos that some board permissions have not transferred properly. Some have, some haven't. I would guess this is relevant to something you said about not seeing something or other. Can you remember what?

Permissions were complex. I will struggle to reset them. I am cross.

Last overwhelmed Post

ps. my avatar has changed because of Photobucket - see email I sent out.
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

And now for something completely different: kung fu cats
https://petapixel.com/2017/10/25/photos-cats-martial-arts/

Last kick it, kittie! Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Murderous cats!!!

Last the horror! Post

Griffin

Like the three cats ones.

I am clinging on to life Jim, but not as we know it. I hate not driving. It has just got all too difficult.

Last compensatory nice things to eat Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Fortunately cats tend to be solitary

Last unlike e.g. army ants Post