News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Toadfish in the UK/Europe

Started by Griffin NoName, October 01, 2006, 10:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Yesterday's "Maggie Returns" Steve Bell's IF, which nicely followed up the day's before, was just too lewd to publish here....... Oooooh !!

Our poor Gordie got very badly bullied in the House of Commons yesterday...... poor chap...... it's always a bit like a children's playground but it's got to be the very worst sort..... it's getting hard to see how he can stagger on much longer....

So couldn't resist today's follow on in the series of Grauniad Steve Bell IF......

© Steve Bell 2009
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Darlica

Cartoon? Political? Lewd?

Yes please! ;D
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin NoName

well here is the linnk

you may have noticed todays is lewd but there are degrees of lewdness.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

The angels have the phone box

Darlica

Quote from: Griffin NoName on May 07, 2009, 09:23:32 PM
well here is the linnk

you may have noticed todays is lewd but there are degrees of lewdness.

:ROFL:
OMG That's so funny I've got to bookmark this and show L!
:ROFL:

Beagle: those are good to. Actually the text in the last one, that was exactly what my friend from London told me the other day...
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin NoName

Yes, I like the Matt ones. I agree with that last Matt one and Darlica's friend over when to panic...... sooooooooo right.

There was some by-play on "This Week" (late night TV politics show) re. Schweinhund - Schwein Flu.

Seems like Beagle is about to win this round of the paper wars as The Telegraph is listing all the Cabinet's expenses in tomorrow's paper...... hmmmm first issue must have been put to bed by now????  ----> off to look...... not that I am interested in bath plugs etc etc.... ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

Griffin NoName

But the transfer fees aren't so good.......................... ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

Kaliayev

No doubt everyone and their dog has seen the Cabinet's expenses forms by now.

So, instead, I shall post links to the Shadow Cabinet, to prove both sides are useless money vaccuums:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/may/10/mps-expenses-conservative-party-general-election

Quote• Michael Gove, the shadow schools secretary and a member of Cameron's inner circle, spent more than £7,000 furnishing a London property in 2006 before "flipping" the second home designation to a new one in his Surrey Heath constituency.

• Andrew Lansley, the shadow health secretary, spent thousands of pounds renovating a thatched Tudor country cottage before selling it. He then moved the second designation to a London flat.

• Alan Duncan, the shadow leader of the Commons who chairs the Commons audit committee which oversees MPs' expenses, had a claim for £3,194 ­gardening expenses declined in March 2007. He says this hapened after he raised the matter with the Commons authorities.

• Francis Maude, the shadow cabinet office minister who is leading the Tories' preparations for government, tried to claim mortgage interest on his family home in Sussex. This was declined by the Commons fees office.

• Chris Grayling, the shadow home ­secretary and another member of the Cameron circle, claimed for the ­renovation of a London flat which is 17 miles from his family home.

• Cheryl Gillan, the shadow Welsh ­secretary, claimed for dog food. She has agreed to repay the claim.

• Oliver Letwin, who is in charge of the Tories' general election manifesto, charged £2,000 to replace a leaking pipe under a tennis court. The pipe was not related to the court and Letwin was obliged to mend the pipe after an order from the local water authority.

• David Willetts, the shadow ­universities secretary, claimed more than £100 for workmen to replace 25 lightbulbs at his home.
The CIA is looking for you.
The KGB is smarter than you think.
Brainwash mentalities to control the system.
Using TV and movies - religions of course.
Yes, the world is headed for destruction.
Is it a nuclear war?
What are you asking for?

Griffin NoName

The way I read it, The Gaurdian was trying to indicate the Tories stole claimed even more dodgy stuff than the Cabinet........ :mrgreen:

Is this any worse than Rotten Boroughs?

If the calls for dissolution of Parliament are met, which Saints will stand for all the lost seats?

Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

The Tories get top billing in today's Torygraph. Quite impressive, but not on the flipping Blears scale or the Cabinet in general.  Cameron/Hague seem clean by any but the most stringent standards. Now if only the The Torygraph would do the same thing for the MEPs expenses before June...

What was it Labour used to tell us? "If you've done nothing wrong you've got nothing to hide" wasn't it? ;)

Griffin NoName

Gordie told the nurses he apologised for what happened today...... but I think he meant what has been happening for years. Unless he was apologising for the Speaker's behaviour today, although come to think of it, that has been happening for years too.

Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Griffin NoName on May 05, 2009, 12:05:21 PM
............never fear, today is the day the government leaflet telling me how to avoid catching it - by putting paper bags over my head - will drop through my letter box..... I am eagerly awaiting it before risking a trip to the shop down the road.....

So when they say tomorrow, or next Tuesday, they really mean in two weeks time, if you're lucky - mine finallyy arrived today.

Doesn't tell me anything I didn't already know and the people who don't know and don't want to know are very unlikely to read it.

When I went to the hospital last week, despite hand wash dispensers at reception, I was the only one to use them, and people were sneezing all over the place without covering their mouth and nose.

Is it just me, or is a leaflet telling people about how to sneeze/cough correctly a complete waste of time?

I'd like a controlled double-blinded large sample trial to prove it's efficacy before the govt. spends money this way. ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

The MP expenses revelations continue...

Griffin NoName

;D ....and they won't be able to claim for the holes in the roof......

It is incredible how the expenses thing has wiped all other news off the agenda.

Other European countries are busy having marches etc etc related to the recession, and we are avidly licking up news of upkeeping moats and Honourable People being naughty (prosecute or shut up).

We haven't even organised a march about that yet.
Psychic Hotline Host