News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Toadfish in the UK/Europe

Started by Griffin NoName, October 01, 2006, 10:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagle

See what happens if you use dodgy foreign units instead of proper ones.  ;)
The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

QuoteIt is kept in a triple-locked safe at a chateau and rarely sees the light of day -- mostly for comparison with other cylinders shipped in periodically from around the world.

Clearly they might as well throw away the key ;D

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

They wanted to buy a new one long ago. Probably Britain vetoed it ;)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Penny wise, pound foolish.

or should that be penny wise, lion foolish?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Given that the British pound is a good deal lighter than the continental... (453.6 g vs. 500 g)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 14, 2007, 11:09:46 PM
QuoteIt is kept in a triple-locked safe at a chateau and rarely sees the light of day -- mostly for comparison with other cylinders shipped in periodically from around the world.

Clearly they might as well throw away the key ;D

The system was clearly designed by software engineers; why have one "standard" when you can have lots? ;D

Griffin NoName

A special exhibition for Beagle.

Eurobo££ocks -  British cartoons about Europe- Cartoon Museum, Little Russell Street, London.

:)
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

Nah, went to London once. Didn't like it.

According to the Torygraph the Kg standards were actually made in London around 1880. Perhaps they sneaked in something with a dodgy half-life as a joke.

Wouldn't want to be the bloke who has to count out the atoms in the new standard.  Wouldn't it be easier to define the Kg in terms of the pound, then revert to the old definition of the pound? i.e. If the king says that lump of metal weighs one pound no-one who wants to keep their head argues.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on November 17, 2007, 08:34:36 PM
If the king says that lump of metal weighs one pound no-one who wants to keep their head argues.

What if The Queen says it?

I suppose you'll be wanting to restore The Tower to its original purpose too then? 
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName
What if The Queen says it?

Of course.  I'm a Tory.  First female MP, first female Prime Minister.  We may be mad right-wingers, but we know who's boss.

Quote from: Griffin NoName"
I suppose you'll be wanting to restore The Tower to its original purpose too then? 

What, protecting French bureaucrats from angry locals?

Or where you thinking of saving money on rendition flights by bringing torture back on-shore? I think you'll find it's Labour that likes locking up people for long periods without charge, or overlooking the occasional shooting of the wrong person.  ;)

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on November 19, 2007, 12:27:34 PM
Or where you thinking of saving money on rendition flights by bringing torture back on-shore?

Well, yes, boats are more cost effective and kinder to the environment.
Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

Just a short request.

If anyone finds any computer discs could they send them to me. ;)

Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

Don't worry, it appears any junior civil servant can run you off a copy for a tenner. Obviously government computers aren't quite slow enough yet.

beagle

Griffin NoName

It's so sad though isn't it? There's this chap doing exactly what he's been told to do - saving costs - and he gets into trouble. Hard not to feel sorry for the men at the ministry ;D

Quotethe procedure to delete the details - which would have removed much of the threat of identity fraud - would have cost just £5,000

£5,000 ????????????

A couple of minutes jobby defining report criteria?

And no, none of the reasons why it isn't as easy as that will wash with me, even though I can easily guess what they would say they were.

No wonder govt. IT contracts are good earners. And we are paying for them. Time to man the barricades.

:tank: :2guns:   :2guns:   :barf:    :2guns:    :2guns:   :tank:

If only those tanks didn't cost so much..... anyone know a cheap source?
Psychic Hotline Host