News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Toadfish in the UK/Europe

Started by Griffin NoName, October 01, 2006, 10:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Quote from: Griffin NoName on February 24, 2008, 01:04:22 AM
Anyway, we all crash the Canadian thread  ;D

:rofl:  That's only by misread, as "Canadian Smalltalk" is invariably about the weather, except when it's about hockey or beer.  The CST is a weather thread.  ;)

OTOH, I am going to start a Canadian Politics thread, so feel free to crash that one.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

If it's a weather thread it really ought to be British !

*** start the Rights to Weather wars ***
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Does it ever change there?  ;)

Alberta saying:  If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.

QuoteIn Pincher Creek (Alberta), the temperature rose by 41°C (from -19°C to 22°C) in one hour in 1962.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Well ok then. I claim the "I'll put the kettle on for a nice cup of tea" thread for Britain.

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

The ORIGINAL "If you Don't Like The Weather, Wait 5 Minutes" is Texas, where the temperature colled down so swiftly in one West Texas location that every glass storefront in town shattered from the quick change.

:mrgreen:
This sig area under construction.

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on February 26, 2008, 01:38:40 AM
The ORIGINAL "If you Don't Like The Weather, Wait 5 Minutes" is Texas, where the temperature colled down so swiftly in one West Texas location that every glass storefront in town shattered from the quick change.

This is Texas North anyways, although I'll concede yours is the original. ;D

(hey, Google Maps says Calgary is only about 4 hours NW of Somerville - road trip!)
WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

Google Maps generally refuses to admit that Somerville, Texas exists. When it does, it insists that we all live IN the lake.

Close, but...no.

We're amused that when Google Earth is working, you cannot see the house for the trees. You CAN see the barn, or part of it!

C'mon. We'll figure out what they did with the other 28 hours of the drive later on!!

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on February 26, 2008, 01:38:40 AM

I beg to differ.

The esteemed Will Rogers said it, and about Oklahoma.  If it wasn't first, by him, his immense popularity made it so by default.

So there!   :P   ;D
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

Cleaning out my favourites.

Anyone know what happened to valuedirect.co.uk  - good online reviews and a trading standard symbol for online stores - ?

NOT to be confused with valuedirect.com which is all that I can find now.
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

Their DNS record suggests they're now part of Empire Direct

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/

The angels have the phone box

Swatopluk

I found this quite amusing (taken from the comment section at ORCINUS)
The coverage of hard news in the British papers, excepting the Guardian is much worse than ours.
However, this does give me chance to cut and paste one of my favorite jokes.
"In Episode 4 of the second series of Yes, Prime Minister, Jim Hacker says:
"I know exactly who reads the papers: The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; The Times is read by people who actually do run the country; The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; The Financial Times is read by people who own the country; The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country[USSR]; and The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is."
Sir Humphrey: "Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?"
Bernard Woolley: "Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.""
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on March 13, 2008, 07:23:09 AM
Their DNS record suggests they're now part of Empire Direct

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/

Sad.

Swato, I like it. But then I love everything about Yes, Prime Minister. And now my son has turned into a Bernard Woolley it all has real meaning for me.  ;) ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

Quote from: Swatopluk on March 13, 2008, 09:53:00 AM
I found this ... (taken from the comment section at ORCINUS)
The coverage of hard news in the British papers, excepting the Guardian is much worse than ours.

I'm not sure I'd regard the Grauniad as the high point of accurate journalism.   ;)
The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on March 14, 2008, 08:33:21 PM
I'm not sure I'd regard the Grauniad as the high point of accurate journalism.   ;)

This is blatant flaming.

the Grauniad 2.0, the Independent, the Times, The Stage and Reuters - who all cut and pasted the phoney factoid from Wikipedia

Gruaniads Guardians, please slap Beagle around the head.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Chatty