News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What Are You Listening To?

Started by Duke, September 28, 2006, 08:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Duke

Otherside--Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Duke
"Baldrick, you wouldn't know a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and
danced naked on a harpsicord singing Subtle Plans Are Here Again!"
--Black Adder

The Holy Grail Of Signature Quotes: http://hgosq.blogspot.com/

DeadPoet

Spock's Beard - Crack The Big Sky

Duke

Into The West--Lord of the Rings Soundtrack.

Duke
"Baldrick, you wouldn't know a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and
danced naked on a harpsicord singing Subtle Plans Are Here Again!"
--Black Adder

The Holy Grail Of Signature Quotes: http://hgosq.blogspot.com/

Sibling Chatty

Submachine Banana, by the Split Brain Trio

Next up, Oysters on Iceskates, also SBTrio
This sig area under construction.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I'm back..

Aggie

One Day It Will Please Us To Remember Even This - New York Dolls
(Dance Like A Monkey right now)

mmmm....sweet physical media....
WWDDD?

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Joan Osborne.

Relish

At this very moment, Man In The Long Black Coat

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(I FINALLY got my STUPID UnCreative Audigy [up-until-now-non-]Sound Card to work with my 5.1 speaker system.  To get the sub-woofer to actually "sub-woof" you have to click a very hidden, obscure button on one of the control consoles.  *bleah*

I will NEVER, EVER purchase a [non]Creative sound card as long as I live-- their [opposite-of-]tech support is RUDE!  Makes Microsoft's support seem like manna from heaven! *bleah**bleah* and *bleah* again)

((but, after much fiddling and tweaking and stuff, I got it working.  Speakers finally sound like they SHOULD! Nice!))
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

Insanity takes it's toll; please have correct change.

I just saw this video which was a film to the song Mad World, sung by Gary Jules.  Best of the lot.  It's a haunting video, with a melody to match.

I got interested in finding the music from an ad for a video game, and with a little research, the song is Mad World, originally put out by Tears for Fears.  I watched their video (here) but it was not nearly as good.

Then I saw the remake by Gary Jules (which was featured in the film Donny Darko) here

the video from the movie is here.  BTW, if you haven't seen the movie, I recommend it at least once. Among other themes, it does contain one of unconditional love ... the language is rough, though.

So far, I've listened to 9 different Mad World videos ... the song grows on you ...

Edit:  make that some 20 times (lost count)...

DeadPoet

A video with that song can't be bad.

Bob Marley and the Wailers - Rastaman Chant

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

The song "Mad World" is one of my favourite songs ever.

That's why, after mentioning it, I had to put it on at once, so now I'm listening to the Donnie Darko soundtrack, Gary Jules - Mad World at the moment.

I'm back..

DeadPoet

Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song

/edit: Looks like this is a day where I can post. I seem to have cookie problems or something like that; most of the time when I try to reply, it tells me that my session timed out even if I just logged on. Weird tech...

Quote from: DeadPoet on November 29, 2006, 03:13:17 PM
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song

/edit: Looks like this is a day where I can post. I seem to have cookie problems or something like that; most of the time when I try to reply, it tells me that my session timed out even if I just logged on. Weird tech...

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: (warning-- ;D  )

In a completely different arena, I was reading about problems with PC's (you have a PC[i.e. windoze], yes? and not a Mac or Lunix-box?)

How old is your PC? That is, how long ago was it since windoze was installed "fresh"?

The main thrust of that forum was that windoze builds up "trash" over time (mostly registry corruption, but also extra, no-longer-used, but kept-track-of files).  There is NO KNOWN way to clean up this junk.  The registry tools help some, but never completely. The "clean up your disk" tools are much the same.

Bottom line: every 1-2 years, for OPTIMUM operational service, windoze needs to be scrubbed to the "bare metal" of your hard drive.  And re-installed from scratch.  Including re-installing all your favorite programs.  Finally, restoring your backed-up DATA files (like pictures, documents, e-mails, etc).  ((you DID make a backup, yes?  ::) ))

Ever wonder why OFFICE pc's are replaced every 2 years or so?  Most are leased, and in about 2 years' time, the performance is just not up to speed. This us USUALLY blamed on the hardware being obsolete - but think about it.  Those PC's worked FINE when new.  The hardware HAS NOT CHANGED AT ALL in 2 years.  In an OFFICE environment, NEITHER HAS THE SOFTWARE "LOAD" (at least not all that much).

But, in 2 years, windoze has accumulated so much "arterial plaque" as to become loggy and slow....

As for me, since I build my PC's from scratch, there is usually a major hardware upgrade every year or so, and I use that as an excuse to re-do windoze anyway...

Bottom line: if you are able, I strongly suggest you BACKUP EVERYTHING using a reliable backup software of some sort.  A VERY EASY solution is to purchase a new hard disk (they are cheap, nowadays).  Take your old one out, put the new one in, and install windoze to THAT.  Then re-install the old drive as a SECOND drive, and copy all your important stuff to the new one.  (nice thing about this method, is that you can always re-install the old drive as primary, and you're back to square 1, if need be.)

Once windoze is STABLE, you may proceed to the next logical step. Re-format the old drive as a spare-storage, and as a backup space for your IMPORTANT files.  (2 drives are always better than one. :) )

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

It's officially the holiday season!  They just played "Fairytale in New York" by the Pogues on the radio.