News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Technical difficulties....

Started by Aggie, September 23, 2006, 08:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Meromorph

This may help...
I normally come direct to the forums...
I tried going to the Monastery home first, it didn't help. ::)
I logged out of the forums, after going in direct.
I logged in at the Monastery Home.
Then it worked!  :o
Now it works from both!  :D
Dances with Motorcycles.

ivor

For those that don't know.  The forum program is SMF.  Joomla is wrapping SMF.  When you see the Toadfish Monastery picture at the top you are wrapped in Joomla.  If your browser URL starts with http://toadfishmonastery.com/forum then you are unwrapped.

If you are having trouble with a particular problem with something try logging in and out from Joomla (wrapped) then try it again. 

If you get that Session Verification error don't hit the back button, just keep punching logout.

Mero,

Thanks for your help with this. Let me ask you this. What worked when you logged in from Joomla.

MB

Swatopluk

The session things turns up for me in the last 2 days occasionally.
Usually copying the content, closing the window and then call the thread again (paste the copied part and hit Post immediately after) works.
is there maybe a timer that blocks Post that are not sent within a certain time after calling the reply menu to create a post?
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

The Meromorph

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on January 11, 2007, 11:01:49 AM
Mero,

Thanks for your help with this. Let me ask you this. What worked when you logged in from Joomla.

MB
The Toadfish Gallery, editing, adding comments, etc. The mysterious buttons people had been talking about appeared and worked...

BTW, Is this what you referring to when you poisoned my mind with an image of you 'posting unwrapped'?
I thought you meant posting naked! Perhaps my reaction makes more sense now you know that?
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on January 11, 2007, 12:08:10 AM
If you have problems logging out just keep punching the button 'til it logs you out.  The logout button at the top of the forum is as good as the one in the left column menu.

Hmm. I don't see any logout button in either place.

Can we put pictures in the gallery yet?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

The logout-button in the Joomla version is a small red circle on the left, under the login form, right under the "Show new replies to your posts" part.

I'm back..

Opsa

Ohhhhh...  ::)

What would I do without you, Alcohol Boy?

Thanks!

ivor

Quote from: Swatopluk on January 11, 2007, 12:13:22 PM
The session things turns up for me in the last 2 days occasionally.
Usually copying the content, closing the window and then call the thread again (paste the copied part and hit Post immediately after) works.
is there maybe a timer that blocks Post that are not sent within a certain time after calling the reply menu to create a post?

Nope.  It's just a bug...  Try *copy* *go back one page* *refresh* then try your post again.

I think I need to reinstall SMF and Joomla.

ivor

Quote from: Opsanus tau on January 11, 2007, 07:35:52 PM
Hmm. I don't see any logout button in either place.

Can we put pictures in the gallery yet?

The logout button in the upper left would only appear in the forum.

You should be able to upload pictures to the gallery. Click the upload media button in the User Menu.

MB

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Quote from: Opsanus tau on January 11, 2007, 10:31:12 PM
What would I do without you, Alcohol Boy?

:blush:

You're testing my humbleness. ;D

You're welcome Opsa, it's always a pleasure to be of service.

I'm back..

Darren996

I'll see if I can upgrade the forum tomorrow morning.

ivor

I went ahead and did it just now.

Is everything still working?

MB

Darren996

Wow!  I finally duplicated it!

Looks like if you leave the forum open wrapped then come back in after a while and try to post you get the session verification file error. 

I don't have this problem at sedonaview.com I believe.  Can someone verify that?

MB

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I have been having some technical difficulties.

First one was an "Internal Error" (a 505 I think) and the second one was a Joomla window saying that the monastery is unavailable.

Both happened tonight.

The second one happened already once during the week.

Is there some work going on on Joomla or the Monastery? Or is it me?

I'm back..

Aggie

I got that too... probably a DreamHost blip, as it knocked out another DreamHosted site I visit.  The message seems to depend on whether you are trying to hit the forum or the main page.

They seem to happen on a semi-regular basis and not last too long....
WWDDD?