News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Mousie Shmousie

Started by Opsa, June 01, 2011, 07:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling DavidH

I'm currently using a little Micro$oft wireless laser mouse.  The small receiver barely protrudes from my laptop and it has a switch underneath to turn it off when not in use, so the battery life is amazing.  I got it for about £3 in a supermarket.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Does Logitec have a touch mouse?  One without mechanical buttons?

I'd actually be interested on one.   MY current "mouse" is a Logitec trackball-- the cordless one with the blue trackball.

Edit:  But I disagree:  battery life is so-so.  I've had cordless Logitecs in the past, and could easily go a year between battery replacements.  This one barely goes 3 months before the little software monitor starts whining about "low battery life".

I may have to buy a rechargeable for it.... something I should've done anyway, but...

:)

On the third paw?  I've not had a cordless Micro$oft mouse since my last ball-mouse from them...  battery'd last about a year in that, too.  This must mean the life in a Micro$oft is measured in weeks? 
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I've been using Kensington mice for a while now, particularly because they have some big ones and that favors my hands. I have a corded in my main computer and carry a wireless for my laptop. They've last for about 2-3 years so your number sounds about right.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Yes, it was poor battery life that made me give up on wireless mice. I've been very happy with the mouse that just died so I've just bought another one the same. It's a Trust, optical. Mini. Fits my hand perfectly and has a nice feel to it.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Quote from: Griffin NoName on November 12, 2011, 03:54:56 AM
Yes, it was poor battery life that made me give up on wireless mice. I've been very happy with the mouse that just died so I've just bought another one the same. It's a Trust, optical. Mini. Fits my hand perfectly and has a nice feel to it.

There ya go.

If you like it that much?  I strongly urge you to buy a couple more, if they are cheap enough... as spares, for when this one bites it... then, you'll be covered for the next several years at least.

:)

... for just as soon as you find one you really like?   They quit making the damn thing... Logitec used to make this really, really really cool laptop trackball thingy.  It was about the size and shape of 1/2 of an orange, with a little blue ball centered in the flat half.

You clipped it to the side of your laptop or keyboard, and it just stood there quietly next to your keys, until you needed it-- barely a hand's width away.   Loved that mousie I did... but it died.... went to get another... they'd quit makin'em... I almost cried.

:'(

But I got better....

Opsa

Alas, poor schmousie.

I've replaced the batteries in my new mouse all ready. But I understand that you can make them last longer by turning the thing off after every use. I just don't tend to do that.

I can't draw as well with it, but other than that, it's okay.

pieces o nine

I haven't tried wireless yet, but I  loves   optical mice over the old kind kind what gets grotty things wound around their little wheelie feets.  bleah!
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Quote from: pieces o nine on November 13, 2011, 03:10:03 AM
I haven't tried wireless yet, but I  loves   optical mice over the old kind kind what gets grotty things wound around their little wheelie feets.  bleah!

It's the difference between a male mousise (ball) and a female one (no ball).... females are naturally cleaner....

:D

Aggie

*insert joke about the importance of cleaning your balls here*

Optical mice are a great thing.  I like wireless but am not convinced I'd pay more or give up features for one - cords don't bother me too much with a laptop.  OTOH, I used to use my desktop and monitor as my TV/DVD system, so a wireless mouse and keyboard were very handy for controlling things from the couch.
WWDDD?

Quote from: Aggie on November 13, 2011, 12:24:10 PM
*insert joke about the importance of cleaning your balls here*

Optical mice are a great thing.  I like wireless but am not convinced I'd pay more or give up features for one - cords don't bother me too much with a laptop.  OTOH, I used to use my desktop and monitor as my TV/DVD system, so a wireless mouse and keyboard were very handy for controlling things from the couch.

For that?  I think I'd use a keyboard/touchpad combo....wireless of course.  Or a keyboard what had a built-in trackball thingy.  One device to control the computer.... one device to rule them.... one device to <sound of needle dragging across the record loudly>

Sorry.   Was channeling something there for a sec...

:D

hokay.... here's one:

http://www.cyberguys.com/product-details/?productid=54898

Here's another:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Keysonic-ACK-540RF-Wireless-Keyboard-Touchpad/dp/B002WB1JYQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1321201677&sr=8-4

Swatopluk

I never got the hang of the lower one and have no experience with the trackball. Gimme the rodent (but not a mini one)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Quote from: Swatopluk on November 13, 2011, 05:44:19 PM
I never got the hang of the lower one and have no experience with the trackball. Gimme the rodent (but not a mini one)

How's about an Art Mouse?

Here's an innovative1 variant:

And this one1 promises less hand fatigue, but how you keep your hand on it, without fatigue is a mystery to me:

Whereas I love the color, it looks like little Jr left it out in the sun too long1

And frankly?  This one1 ... this one scares me... I don't know what it is....

Hokay... let's try a different tack...

Here's one2 that is... anatomically correct?

This one could be handy for doing those pesky taxes2

And here's one that is sure to be protested by OWS2

For the anarchist and/or TeaParty aficanado: 2

One more for the car-lover:3

_______

1 each of these come from here: http://www.beautifullife.info/industrial-design/15-stylish-and-creative-mice/

2 From here http://www.toxel.com/tech/2009/06/04/14-unusual-computer-mouse-designs/

3 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motor-Mouse-Car-Wireless-Computer/dp/B0026N3XWG

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Aggie

Actually, as someone who's done extensive data entry at times, the numberpad mouse looks useful.  The compromise might not be worth it (I imagine your cursor moves as you're punching in numbers), but it's a good idea at heart.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Of course there are also NSFW mice and mousepads. And I am not talking about pictures but shapes.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.