News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), October 25, 2006, 05:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyderm

Lindsey Davis' Falco series. Currently, Three hands in the fountain.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Opsa

"Lighteningbolt" by Hyemeyohsts Storm and he is once again freaking me out, as he did with the first two books.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

The Rise and Fall of Alexandria, birthplace of the modern world, by Justin Pollard and Howard Reid. It makes me wonder about all those lost books... :'(
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Secrets of the Samurai (a very thick tome on the Japanese martial arts and the philosophy underlying it)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

My hugs and hisses.

I must have been BAD as the number has dropped recently.

I can only offer appologies for sinning and I swear I will give myself 20 slashes with the rope thingamy jig.

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Slashes? Are you using razor wire?

Marvel 1602 by Neil Gaiman and a book Chatty and Goat might enjoy, called Confessions of an Economic Hitman by John Perkins.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Darlica

I'm reading Mig äger ingen (nobody owns me) by Åsa Linderborg.

Griffin, your hugs dropped because of The Rift™ ;) you're back at the number you had by July 18, I have lost hugs too and so have probably every body else.

:hug:
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Swatopluk

The newest reasons why Obama is unfit for president and probably is the Antichrist.
Too...
...eloquent
...charismatic
...popular
...physically fit
...skinny
...intelligent
And of course people that draw large crowds in Berlin with their speeches are too similar to certain historical figures of low reputation.
Btw, there was a goat parade yesterday at the Brandeburg Gate

http://www.tagblatt.ch/storage/pic/newsml-sda/schweiz/64592_1_20080801142557.jpg

Griffin NoName

Opsa, barbed razor wire, of course.

Darlica, The Rift™?  No, No, No, it cannot be. I have defintely been BAD. Are you trying to stop me enjoying my masochistic joys?  If others have also lost hugs/hisses, for the sadists I offer myself available for whipping.

Swato, you seem to have had the best of Obama in Europe in Berlin. BBC news on his England stopover on Saturday just showed him getting off a plane immediately followed by him getting back on it again. Or so my friends tell me. I wouldn't know as I was at a wedding.

Reading? Oh, yes. I am reading leaflets:

Understanding STRESS
Understanding DEPRESSION
Understanding and overcoming ANXIETY

Supplied from the same source, so presumably they think only anxiety can be resolved; indeed they recommend exposure* as a cure. Perhaps they make their money selling dirty macs. :o

their highlights, not mine
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

The ZDF recording of Big O's speech is on youtube (in 1 uninterrupted widescreen go without other news blended in, running text below or other distractions)
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=2llrIl72NVc

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I couldn't stop thinking on JFK.

I was surprised also by the lack of an obvious paper with the speech, he hay have had it but it was invisible to the camera and he confronted the audience at all times as if he knew the speech by heart.

In many aspects he didn't said anything new or inherently groundbreaking, but he certainly has an aura of credibility that makes me believe he really thinks what he is saying (as a good politician he may not, but who knows). I read the speech as a plea to Europe not to consider all Americans as a reflection of Bush, Cheney & Co, and as a vouch that he is willing to listen Europe's POV.

For someone who is claimed to be terribly 'arrogant' he pretty much sounded the opposite.  ;)

Again, it reminded me of JFK, I just wish he doesn't end up like him. :'(

pieces o nine

Quote from: Swatopluk
Btw, there was a goat parade yesterday at the Brandeburg Gate
They made you walk? 
Couldn't they at least have lifted you up on their shoulders, a hero of the people?
:D

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)Again, it reminded me of JFK, I just wish he doesn't end up like him
rumble.

(then again, maybe McCain is desperately trying to link Obama to a blonde bombshell, too, with that stupid Britney & Paris dig...)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

Especially since Britney and Paris are REPUBLICANS. Britney even demanded unquestioning obedience to Bush because he knows best.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Paris already gave the maximum allowed as an individual to the McSame campaign.

Perhaps it's time to make some fliers with pictures of the two ladies and their contributions, and give them at the door of fundie churches?
:devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on August 03, 2008, 02:43:22 PM
Paris already gave the maximum allowed as an individual to the McSame campaign.

Perhaps it's time to make some fliers with pictures of the two ladies and their contributions, and give them at the door of fundie churches?
:devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

You could include some of the more "interesting" shots of Paris in that.... come to think of it Britney has some of those, too... ::)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)