News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

It's sheer Hell here....................

Started by Griffin NoName, March 10, 2009, 11:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Andrew Marr seems to have been on the button, at least as far as Steve Bell is concerned.

So sad to see Beagle's heroine suffer :mrgreen:

© Steve Bell 2009
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Thirty years on???? Let it go. That "bogeywoman" means as little to the current generation as the winter of discontent.

Let's move on and celebrate our new-found prosperity under Labour.
The angels have the phone box

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Heh, and I wonder how is it that after 30 years people still admires R.Reagan...  ::)
---
[ :offtopic: ]
Saw the other night how G. Brown was in kissing ass mode with Obama and couldn't help wonder what is the debt the UK has with the US and what's the interest rate...
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
[/ :offtopic: ]
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

beagle

One he desperately needs some good publicity. Two he desperately needs Obama not to follow the protectionist policies some in the U.S. want and plunge the World into depression.

Actually there's already some evidence that the Obama honeymoon is over here too. Already seen some reports that claim he's "swamped by his inbox", and "unduly rewarding benefactors with key posts".  In other words, politics as usual. You have to feel sorry for someone who only gets to be captain after the iceberg has already hit, however.

Talking of ships, expect way more of this.

Griffin NoName

....special economic zone..... special relationships.....

when can we reclaim the word "special" ?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

When The Guardian joins the new millennium?

Can''t remember any uses before:
Special Brew
Special Branch
The Specials

But suppose there must have been some.

Opsa

The Special Olympics?

Ah, I loved The Specials.

("Too much farting on the dance floor" is how we used to sing it back in the day).

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on March 10, 2009, 04:39:25 PM
Heh, and I wonder how is it that after 30 years people still admires R.Reagan...  ::)

RR is Da Evil incarnate.

He's the one who Sold The Country to da Fundies.

Ironical an'all, he wasn't a fundie, but believed in psychic hotlines & stuff....

But, he's why I do what I do these days, instead of being the presnit of a nice little thriving software company...
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

Steve Bell's not listening to you Beagle. Anyway, personally,  I think he has a point  -  ;)

© Steve Bell 2009

I didn't get where I am today by not holding grudges
Psychic Hotline Host

Pachyderm

Personally, I applaud the fact that she broke the Unions.

They weren't elected to run the country, they just thought they were.

Much as I don't like politicians generally, they get a mandate from at least the majority of the populace (or should do, at least) to act for them.

Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

beagle

What's brought on this fit of Guardian nostalgia? The realization that this is their last chance to mention the recession of the 80s without it being trumped by the depression of the 00s? And does the Grauniad believe in Heaven and Hell? Does that make it more right wing than the Church of England?  Talking of which I was obliged to buy the Daily Mail at the weekend (free PSB CD).  Scary.

Personally, I applaud the fact that she broke the Unions.
Perhaps we should ask Griff if she'd abolish secret strike ballots and bring back the closed shop? :mrgreen:

Griffin NoName

Honestly?

I don't approve of her "breaking" the Unions. The Unions needed to change, not to break.

Now where did I put my fave pic of Arthur Scarkill?
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

But of the major unions only the Electricians were interested in putting the interests of their members ahead of the extreme politics of their dodgily elected hierarchy. They weren't planning to change...

Griffin NoName

Not planning to change? We haf vays of making you change ! 

Legsilate for putting members interests FIRST?  :ROFL:

Hey, that MAY explain why I cannot get an electrician for love nor money ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

Pachyderm

Saw an interesting programme about strikers last night. Some unexpected people, Peter Snow and Norman Tebbit spring to mind, had been out on strike. Pretty much everybody said that the Unions were never going to change, they had become too entrenched in their thinking and actions, and too used to being heeded unconditionally.

Eddie Shah was one of those on the programme, and he said something that chilled me. His wife was alone in the house one day, when someone delivered 5 coffins to the house, 2 big and 3 small, and left saying "These are for you". I don't give a flying monkeys if your strike is justified or not, threatening families is beyond the pale, and removes your chances of being seen as a reasonable, decent human being.

Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....