News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

energy requests and good wishes.

Started by Outis the Unready, October 18, 2006, 02:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outis the Unready

If you don't believe in such things, don't be offended!

My friend Angie is in the hospital with growths in her throat. Good wishes wanted!

where is the butter?
I can't live without butter.
Please pass the butter.

Opsa

Oh dear! Since they are all ready there, I will send hopeful wishes that they can be treated successfully.

Sibling Chatty

All positive thoughts and energies to Angie.
This sig area under construction.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

All my positive thoughts to her.

One thing, don't mention it to her until she heals, there is a recent study on the subject of prayer that may apply in this case.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Vita Curator

Sending out my positive energies and good wishes towards Angie.  She is in my thoughts, hoping for a successful surgery and a rapid healing and recovery.
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

goat starer

I dont believe in such things but as you clearly do you can have a positve thoughts and some best wishes! it costs me nothing and you are welcome to them  :)

Best wishes and positive thoughts from the goat.
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Willowsmith

The only thing I know for sure is how much I do not yet know.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Good wishes and energies aplenty to her.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

The Meromorph

I am greatly ashamed that I have missed this until now, and I thank our Sibling Willowsmith for getting my attention.
To Outis and Angie,

Blessed be, and soft the hand,
that soothes the sorrow from your brow,
'til gentle voices join in song,
and merry meet again.
Dances with Motorcycles.

Outis the Unready

Thanks!
She just had the second surgery, and while the cells showed some abnormalities, they were not yet cancerous.

Now if I could keep her off of cigarettes....

GRRRRRRR.

where is the butter?
Please pass the butter.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: Outis the Unready on December 28, 2006, 11:51:21 PM
Thanks!
She just had the second surgery, and while the cells showed some abnormalities, they were not yet cancerous.

Now if I could keep her off of cigarettes....

GRRRRRRR.

If you can't get her to quit smoking, at least get her to quit smoking the poisons in commercially made crap.

Check out American Spirit, or else buying pure tobacco (which AS supposedly is) and an injector and filtered tubes. (I can link Dan's tobacco place if she's interested. He smokes unfiltered and has been rolling his, but they make the 'tubes' for unfiltered now and he likes that better--no licking the papers!)

Besides the lack of chemicals in the tobacco (that's where the rank, lingering smell is, along with most of the carcinogens) they're also way cheaper, about 1/3-1/2 the price.

Outis the Unready

As a cancer researcher, I have to take issue here, first with the idea of reynold's so called "natural american spirit" being "additive free" or anything resembling natural and second with the idea that most of the carcinogens come from anything other than the tobacco. The fungicides and pesticides used in growing tobacco are the same for all of the brands reynolds make...but they are not allowed to be carcinogens under us law....neither are the additives. The only thing in the US allowed to be marketed in a carcinogenous form is tobacco. You can't even buy asbestos unless it is sealed into oblivion, despite the fact that it can be used safely. Same with most forms of benzene.

That being said, the carcinogens that are not innate to the tobacco itself (in it in all forms) come from the act of burning, so if you are burning it, you are exposing yourself and others to the carcinogens, regardless of brand and claims of naturalness.

This is why users of homegrown, organic chew tobacco still get oral cancers at the same rate as other chewing tobacco users.

Cyanide is natural. It's still poison.

Tobacco is poison, and unlike other forms of self-poisoning, this pernicious form effects everyone around the user, not just the user, taking it beyond the realm of choice and into the realm of abuse.

where is the butter?
Please pass the butter.

Sibling Chatty

Lesser of most evils. And Dan doesn't use American Spirit. (It is, to me, a way to get people to give up the added-in crap before getting them to the MUCH less chemicalized crap...much like I broke Dan of the pre-made cigs a step at a time, others seem to do better gradually.)

I know the burning produces carcinogens. Burning anything, even grilling enough to leave grill marks, produces carcinogens. Limit the ones you can. Better burning tobacco leaf than burning tobacco leaf impregnated with formaldehyde and extra nicotine and 3,000 other chemicals.

Dan's actually switched to an 'organically grown' tobacco, with no chemical additives at all. (No, not even something to keep it hydrated. He has to keep it sealed in a humidor until he rolls a half day's cigarettes.)

If you can't achieve NO carcinogens, cut down where you can. (I hated it when RJR bought out American Spirit. One more good idea downn the tubes,)