News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Cheney More or Less Admits to Torture

Started by Scriblerus the Philosophe, December 17, 2008, 10:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Videos don't embed here very well from Countdown, but here it is.
Think his admission will lead to the ICC?
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I doubt it.  Cheney knows enough to avoid international travel after he retires; remember, he's the smart one of the two...
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

pieces o nine

I'm hoping more MSN will join the chorus from my favorites at MSNBC:

It's clearly a war crime.  We ourselves have prosecuted enemy combatants for this war crime.  Every sane government on the planet describes it as torture and crime.  It is an act of complicity  for the general public to react with a giant yawn to a publically acknowledged war crime  committed by an out-of-control leader.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

ivor

Didn't Cheney say something about the "Herbert Hoover times being here again?"  Last time I check Hoover was a Republican.  He may be the smarter of the two but I don't think he's all that smart.  His arrogance will be his down fall.

Swatopluk

Cheney warned the GOPsters in Congress that blocking the auto bailout would make the party look like Hoover 2.0 and that would be fatal. It seems to be one of the few occasions where he speaks reason. It's not a good sign, when Lord Chain-Eye shows more reason than his party.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I still maintain that in those final hours of Bushya's rein, there will be Pardons Issued....
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

As I have said repeatedly: Pardons should be tickets to the Hague
The primary condition for the ICC to act is that the suspects are not or cannot be dealt with legally in the country of origin. Pardons do exactly that.
Hm, maybe one could send them over in a plane that is a wee bit behind on maintenance (are there any pilots on death row currently?) ;)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.