News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Good News Channel

Started by Darlica, May 28, 2008, 09:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindorm

Congratulations on the job, Meropmorph!  :)

Hi yourself, Griffin!
I have been veryveryvery busy at my job lately, so I haven't been around here to post for a while. Things seem to have taken a turn for the better now, though!
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Congratulations Mero.
---
Oh, and beagle, I'm sorry for your.... rejection.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Congratulations Mero!

Happy for you!

I'm back..

pieces o nine

Congratulations, Mero!    :high5:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
This evening we welcomed a Pakistani exchange student to our home.  :hug:

More on this in a different thread.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Aggie

Just clicked 'Submit' on my application for BSc in Environmental Sciences.

Need to get supporting documents rounded up, however!
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Agujjim on November 11, 2009, 05:43:14 PM
Just clicked 'Submit' on my application for BSc in Environmental Sciences.

Need to get supporting documents rounded up, however!

Well done. Brings back scary memory!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Pachyderm

Excellent. The world needs more Environmental Scientists.

Where are you studying?
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Darlica

Quote from: Opsanus tau on November 12, 2009, 03:05:37 PM
Go Aggie, go!

I can't say it better... :)

No I'm not going to get a pair of pompoms I leave that bit of cheering to my more agile siblings... ;D
Good luck!

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Aggie

WWDDD?

Opsa

Wow, that place is too pretty to be real.

Aggie

Ayuh, it's right on the ocean and hosts quite a nice botanical garden - and it's a castle!

Plus, the weather's a benefit:
Quote from: wikiDaily temperatures rise above 30°C (86°F) on an average of one or two days per year and fall below -5°C (23°F) on an average of only 2 nights per year.
-------
With 2,223 hours of sun annually, Victoria is one of the sunniest places in British Columbia, and gets more sunshine than most other cities in Canada except those in the southern Prairies. The benefits of Victoria's climate are evident through the city's gardens, which are more likely to display drought-tolerant oak trees, eucalyptus, arbutus, and even banana and Palm Tree, than they are likely to feature evergreen conifers, which are typically associated with the coastal Pacific Northwest environment.

Luckily, I'll be headed out there in September, so only one more winter of this.

Quote from: wikiCalgary is a city of extremes, and temperatures have ranged anywhere from a record low of −45 °C (−49.0 °F) in 1893 to a record high of 36 °C (97 °F) in 1919. Temperatures fall below −30 °C (−22.0 °F) on about five days per year, though extreme cold spells usually do not last very long. According to Environment Canada, the average temperature in Calgary ranges from a January daily average of −9 °C (15.8 °F) to a July daily average of 16 °C (61 °F).

Admittedly, Calgary gets a hair more sun than Victoria (2,400 hours) but much of it occurs during those extreme cold snaps (don't let the '5 days' fool you, there's plenty between -20°C and -30°C).

WWDDD?

Scriblerus the Philosophe

I broke to quarter finals at the regional championship today!
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677