News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Good News Channel

Started by Darlica, May 28, 2008, 09:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriblerus the Philosophe

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Griffin NoName

Hey Pachy. Do you take sandwiches to work?  The smell might affect the number of badgers you see. Now, where did I put my list of badger survey jokes?

The good news is: I am even ILLER than usual, so I cannot post as much as I normally would, which is good, because most of my posts are likely to be exceedingly horrid, in a variety of ways AND I am willfully disobeying my First Ruke which is NOT to dsirupt/off-topic/rule-break etc. but I won't be able to much.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

Jest don' poke thee badjerrrs wiv spoones wen ye counts 'em, Pachy. According t' Eddie Izzarrrghd, hits no longer origin awl.

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

h'anovver foine cross-thread rule issue - http://toadfishmonastery.com/forum/index.php?topic=343.msg80190#msg80190  - H'oi blames P09 Yarrrrhghg!

be that good news?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Darlica

I have a job interview on Friday!

:)

Good vibes are appreciated :nailbite:.
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Pachyderm

Good luck! What's the job?

Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Opsa

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

pieces o nine

...fingers and paws crossed, Darlica...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Sibling Chatty

Yay, Darlica!!

And copy on the fingers and paws crossed.

===========

In other GOOD NEWS, we are no longer dreading the Return of The Mother. The Mother will be in an apartment in Rosenberg, which will be "on the way home" for The Brother where he is currently moving (with Spouse #5) rather than where they moved her a few months ago...

The mother will still be a distance away, impossible for me to run and do for, but will NOT be in Bay City, the place that the nozzle goes in when God gives the world an enema.

Yay for no-Momcare responsibilities returning to make my life hell again!
This sig area under construction.

pieces o nine

Griffin NoName

Hooooooooooooooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Boris is scrapping congestion charging for the London western extension.

Perhaps my vote counted.

There was a public vote on it in September but as far as I could see no advertising that the vote was happening. It was announced as part of a consultative process when Boris became Mayor. I wonder how many people actually knew there was a vote on offer, and how many actually voted.

I'm quite happy with central London charging, but the western extension is ordinary living areas and communities, local shops and amenities etc. Rather different.

Anyway, a great job creation scheme for road painters who will now have to paint over all the large "C"s on all the roads teehee. And for sign removers. Too bad for the revenue workers; they can go to JobSeekers.

Wonder if this is a public spending cut?  (net income < cost of running scheme?) Maybe my vote didn't count.

Environmentally it will make no difference as the central charging effect was that numbers of vehicles rose back to the original number over the years after the proletariat got used to paying up and the wealthy never even noticed it.

Whatever, Good News IMHO.  Out with another tax on the poor.
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

Welcome to the Tory party. Still sorry Ken lost?  ;)
The angels have the phone box

Pachyderm

Bay City, the place that the nozzle goes in when God gives the world an enema

Sorry, that particular "honour" goes to Coventry. The fact that I no longer live there (and haven't for a couple of months) still makes me smile....
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on November 27, 2008, 12:49:43 PM
Welcome to the Tory party. Still sorry Ken lost?  ;)

mmmmm I had no preference between Boris and Ken. Who knows what Ken was up to ;) ;)  If the job of London Mayor is to be a colourful character it's hard to choose. I'm not going to like most of what they do in any case; political affiliation seems almost irrelevant. At present I think we are on a wave of Boris undoing Ken Stuff I didn't like so I may be happy for a while until he starts doing nasty stuff on his own in big measures. Let's see how he does on Bendy Buses. And the faffing about on Heathrow that's ongoing.

Politically, for Mayor, and for London Mayor, which ought to be a bit detatched from party lines IMHO, that policeman chappy might have been good. But he was never going to win because he is just too ordinary, never mind politics.

No, No, it will still take hell freezing over to get me into the Do-Nothing Party ;D
Psychic Hotline Host