News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Good News Channel

Started by Darlica, May 28, 2008, 09:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on March 08, 2012, 10:58:22 AM

Friday tomorrow, and we're off to the daughter's to see Cap'n B. :stars:

Cap'n B and his little girlfriend have been appointed the representatives of their year on the school council.  Whilst this is not quite cabinet level, it must mean that the school likes him.

Good job, Dad! Congratulations to him.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

Good for Capn B!

This calls for a round of choklit milche at thee Toadfish pubbe!   :downit:
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Roland Deschain

Congratulations to Cap'n B! That is good news for you and your family. I see big things ahead.

I'm glad to hear you've managed to keep off the cigarettes for a month now, Griffin. It can be so very hard to kick the habit.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Roland Deschain on March 19, 2012, 01:14:02 AM
I'm glad to hear you've managed to keep off the cigarettes for a month now, Griffin. It can be so very hard to kick the habit.

One month 2 weeks now!! Think I am still a long way off feeling secure about it.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Sibling DavidH

We collected Cap'n B from school today.  Tomorrow is National Mills Weekend as usual  :stars:  and we're taking B to see 3 watermills and Longtown castle.  Then his mum & dad are joining us for a post-birthday pigout.  :meal:

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

What fun!

...and I see Griffin's well over 3 months quitting the smokes, so I'd like to thank her for taking such good care of such a good friend.
:-*

Griffin NoName

;D  1/4 year feels good.... went out with a smoker today, not in the least bit tempted to filch one  ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

pieces o nine

:fireworks_spread:

:fireworks_spread:

Also, will there be any goat racing in the offing, DavidH?   :)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Griffin NoName on May 12, 2012, 01:08:54 AM
;D  1/4 year feels good.... went out with a smoker today, not in the least bit tempted to filch one  ;D

That is even better news.... kudos to you and your newfound will to live.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling DavidH

I knew you'd make it, Griffin.  Well done indeed.  You never need go back now.

No goat racing, Pieces, but of the 3 mills we visited, 2 were turning of which one was grinding corn.  Little'un was fascinated.

Roland Deschain

More congratulations, Griffin. ;)

I think i'd be fascinated by the grinding of corn too. Wonderful machinery in real mills.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers