News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Good News Channel

Started by Darlica, May 28, 2008, 09:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivor

Congrats Scrib!

Got my new side business rolling!  I'm buying broken laptops, fixing them, maxing them out where economically feasible.  Gonna start things off with a bang buy putting a Sager NP up for auction on eBay! :mrgreen:  Will post a link to it!  I'm so excited to so what it goes for!  Picked it up for $220... Sounds like it just needs the OS reinstalled.  Should get it tomorrow.

Sibling DavidH

Good news, MB!  Hope it goes nice and easily.  Keep us informed.

Quote from: ScribLabor history. Probably American, since that's what I know, though I have no doubt it was just as dramatic elsewhere.

Certainly was in the UK.  Read up on the history of our mining industry.  And there's a very interesting novel called Germinal by Emile Zola about miners striking in Belgium.  It's easily available in translation.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Hey, that's cool Scrib --- learning is always a new adventure for anyone who dares to take that road.  It changes you-- always. (or else have you really learned anything you didn't already know? :) )

MB:  That sounds interesting.  Not only do you get to solve problems, but you actually get to profit from them, too ... as opposed to being paid a trivial fee to un-do someone's foolishness.

:)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

Yeay Scrib!! That's great.

MB- Cool! Maybe you could post your eBay linkies here in Electronics and Technolust.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Thanks, guys!
Quote from: Sibling DavidH on January 31, 2011, 08:43:38 AM
Quote from: ScribLabor history. Probably American, since that's what I know, though I have no doubt it was just as dramatic elsewhere.

Certainly was in the UK.  Read up on the history of our mining industry.  And there's a very interesting novel called Germinal by Emile Zola about miners striking in Belgium.  It's easily available in translation.

That has been added to my to-investigate list!

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on January 31, 2011, 08:04:29 AM
Congrats Scrib!

Got my new side business rolling!  I'm buying broken laptops, fixing them, maxing them out where economically feasible.  Gonna start things off with a bang buy putting a Sager NP up for auction on eBay! :mrgreen:  Will post a link to it!  I'm so excited to so what it goes for!  Picked it up for $220... Sounds like it just needs the OS reinstalled.  Should get it tomorrow.
Thanks! And I might be interested in picking up a laptop from you.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

ivor

Quote from: Scriblerus the Philosophe on February 02, 2011, 03:06:42 AM
Thanks! And I might be interested in picking up a laptop from you.
Eggxcellent! My business model is a bit unorthodox.  No need to elaborate on that however.  Just know I don't carry stock so it may take a little bit, but I will make you happy.  Let me know what your dream laptop is and what your budget is and I will see what I can do. 

I'm going to offer a lifetime free labor warranty on selected laptops.  Right now that includes any Dell.  That list will grow as my experience increases and I determine part availability and cost.  Most of those systems I'll also offer trade-in credit if I built or repaired it.  I'll do my best to inform you when the value of it starts to drop so you can make a decision on trading it in.

Long boring story, I'm a Lenovo reseller now so if anybody is looking for a deal on a new Lenovo I can hook you up.

Oooh, sounds awesome! I'll pm you my wishlist soon. :hug:
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Darlica

Congrats to both Scriblerus and MB!

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on February 02, 2011, 12:10:35 PM
Quote from: Scriblerus the Philosophe on February 02, 2011, 03:06:42 AM

Long boring story, I'm a Lenovo reseller now so if anybody is looking for a deal on a new Lenovo I can hook you up.

Nice...  :)
I bought a Asus Eee 6 months ago but I was looking longingly at a small Lenovo for some time... 

I have landed a position as a internal education teacher.  :)
It's not a full time job, teaching has just been added to all the other things I do at work, with a slight raise the days I'm borrowed from my usual work to teach. Still I'm very happy, it is a step closet to what I actually would like to do for a living...  :D

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Accepted by my second choice school. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_University,_Channel_Islands Pretty happy! Nice weather, BEACHES, MOUNTAINS, and a decent history program!

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Congratulations! Sounds like a lovely place to be.  :)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Congratulations. Hope it will be a very happy choice.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Y'AAAARRGGHHHH!
Yeay Scrib! When do you start?

Thanks! And I think so too, Zono.

Quote from: Opsa on March 02, 2011, 10:42:22 PM
Y'AAAARRGGHHHH!
Yeay Scrib! When do you start?

September, I believe. But it depends on money. Otherwise I'll be here until grad school.

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677