News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Good News Channel

Started by Darlica, May 28, 2008, 09:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Thanks. :D
Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on December 05, 2010, 07:25:17 AM
Kudos to you-- any kids you come into contact will be enriched, I have no doubt.
:) Thank you. These are my peers I'll be working with, lol.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Opsa

That's wonderful news to hear, Scrib. You deserve a break! YEAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scriblerus the Philosophe

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Opsa

I am happy to tell you that my daughter (known here as th'Opsalette) was invited to try out for the All-State Honor Choir (she has a very good singing voice) and made it in! So now we get to go to Virginia Beach in April for the rehearsals and performance, which will be a real treat for all of us. We're very proud of her efforts and the support of her music teacher.

Aggie

WWDDD?

pieces o nine

:squid_robed:

The moats are aliiiiiiiiiiive
With the sound of Muuuuuuuuuuusic!

Congratulations, Opsalette!
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Opsa

Thank you. I will pass on your greetings to her. (She will be very pleased, as she loves da Toadfish.)

Sibling DavidH

Well done, Opsalette! This could be your big break into show-business!   ;D

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Well, it's official.

Years ago, when some members of my family had researched our family history, we uncovered a great-great-something grandma who was full-blood Cherokee.   Alas, neither she, nor her parents made it to the lists, back in the day-- she was orphaned on the trail, hear Houston, Missouri when she was 12 or so.  A local family took her in, and by the time she was grown, she'd fallen in love with the son, and they married.   I'm descended from her, through my mother.

At that time, my mother applied to the Cherokees for a membership card-- it would've been modestly useful to our business at the time.  We were turned down then, but mom re-applied and that was all we heard.

Then, this week, she gets a letter in the mail, with temporary Cherokee ID cards... imagine that?  After all this time, some bureaucrat approved her application.  Too late for the business (retired), but it's kinda cool, in a way.

I need to research what to do next, I would imagine a trip to the headquarters is in order.

But one of those cards has my name on it....

... so it's official:  I can claim, in part, to actually >>be<< a Genuine North Americano...

:)

Ain't life just full of unexpected twists and turns?
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

pieces o nine

Interesting; what's your new plans for that?

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

None at present, aside from bragging rights.

I've known for years that my ancestor was full-blood Cherokee, but I'd not had official statements (other than our family records).

Perhaps, I will look into it more, in the future-- what can it harm, to get in touch with that line of my family?
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling DavidH

You will have to buy a tomahawk!   :mrgreen:

What a splendid thing, to have such interesting ancestors confirmed.  I envy you.

Swatopluk

Now try whether there is also a Viking in the lineage. They are fond of axes too. ;)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.