News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

End of Daze

Started by Aphos, May 26, 2008, 09:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Does this mean we didn't make The Rapture?

Carp!

The Meromorph

Quote from: Opsanus tau on May 29, 2008, 03:21:48 PM

Carp!

Revelation 14.1 thru 14.4 (snipped):
"The hundred and forty and four thousand ... which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins."
Only 144,000 celibate men will be saved. (Those who were not "defiled with women.")
Dances with Motorcycles.

Aphos

Well, the 28th is past everywhere in the world now, and we're still here.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Saranac Otter

Quote from: The Meromorph on May 29, 2008, 05:21:51 PM
Quote from: Opsanus tau on May 29, 2008, 03:21:48 PM

Carp!

"The hundred and forty and four thousand ... which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins."
Only 144,000 celibate men will be saved. (Those who were not "defiled with women.")
Cool, didn't want to spend eternity with the Christian crowd anyways.  I hear that they were given Ward 6 of Heaven...Need a special pass to get in and there is not getting out.

beagle

Can they really only round up 144,000 celibate Christians in over two millenia?

Suggests:

1  Women are quite popular.
2  Not all Catholic priests have been following the rules.

Or there's a problem in the celestial HR department with de filing. (Sorry...).
The angels have the phone box

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Wait, how can you be 'fruitful and multiply' if you're supposed to be celibate to get in the VIP?

Oh, I get it! The rapture comes when finally everybody is celibate!
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

So we missed having to spend eternity with thousands of guys carping about not getting laid?

*Whew!*

ivor

Oh yeah!  You get to spend the rest of your life with billions of guys carping about getting laid once.  :D

Saranac Otter

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on May 29, 2008, 09:53:21 PM
Wait, how can you be 'fruitful and multiply' if you're supposed to be celibate to get in the VIP?

Oh, I get it! The rapture comes when finally everybody is celibate!
So not within the forseeable future then?

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: The Meromorph on May 29, 2008, 05:21:51 PM

See, that's what happens with all that indiscriminate snippin' goin' on!!
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

The world's definitely not ended, I am stiil around.

Maybe we have it wrong. We don't die. The world ends.

And since we only have subjective perception, everyone else thinks the world still exists.

Ok, maybe I'll just get back to reading my book on deconstructing psychopathology ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Of course, it could be that, as Usual, the world ended right On Time.

That would be EVERY Wednesday, at precisely 3:00 PM Mountain Time.  (Why Mountain Time?  Because of Judge Wampner, who comes on in the mornings, on God's cable channel.  God does not like to miss Judge Wampner.)

Of course, a New-York Second later, the world is RE-Created exactly as it Was Before-- with everyone's memories intact, except without the destruction-bits.  Those get left out.  God is merciful, after all.

Now, there are some Heretics, who maintain that the world is re-created Last Tuesday.   These are known as Last Tuesdayinians.  But, as Everyone Knows, these people are just plain Nuts.   For, it's a well known fact that God also likes My Name Is Earl (which comes on on Tuesday---duuh)

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

Maybe the world ends and is re-created all the Time.  Maybe that's why Time is so important.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

Brahma wakes and sleeps, wakes and sleeps, wakes and sleeps...

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

beagle

Am I hanging in with the theology OK here? Brahma becomes Iswara each Tuesday in order to watch My Name Is Earl?

The angels have the phone box