News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

UK TV diary entry

Started by beagle, May 04, 2008, 09:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagle

Tuesday 10PM on More 4 (Digital-Freeview/Sky/Cable)

For those who think it couldn't happen here.Taking Liberties.

(Incidentally includes Boris giving the government advice on the ID Card scheme. Perhaps he has the power to ban them in London now  :mrgreen: ).
The angels have the phone box

beagle

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Aren't the ones proposing such scheme invoking some sort of 'executive privilege' to protect their communications (like in the US)?
:headbang:  :axe: :bigsmack:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on May 20, 2008, 12:56:38 PM
Aren't the ones proposing such scheme invoking some sort of 'executive privilege' to protect their communications (like in the US)?
:headbang:  :axe: :bigsmack:

Our EU masters are pretty much immune to any sort of scrutiny. They just issue directives in Louis XIV mode.  It's a question of how much Labour "gold-plated" the minimum record-keeping requirement. *

Let's hope the Lords water it down as much as possible. They were the ones who pointed out outrageous details of previous Communications Acts. Given the government's previous record they'll forget where they put the computer holding the records within the first few weeks anyway.

* For the purposes of Labour's long term database of all my activity I'd just like to say this whole post is someone imitating me^h^h  Beagle.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on May 21, 2008, 07:23:58 AM
* For the purposes of Labour's long term database of all my activity I'd just like to say this whole post is someone imitating me^h^h  Beagle.

Add Grandiosity to the diagnosis of insanity. I doubt Labour are interested in the opinions of a dog. :ROFL:
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

I wonder what happened to those famous focus groups recently. Perhaps the participants decided to have a laugh by recommending closing all the post offices and doctors' surgeries. Or they're one of the forces still loyal to TB.

Griffin NoName

Perhaps they are behind the startling decision to keep three post offices that were due for the chop ! 
Psychic Hotline Host