News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

UK and US

Started by Griffin NoName, April 16, 2008, 02:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Rumours that no one in the US will notice Gordon Brown is there because the Pope will over-shadow him.

Hence this announcement.

Gordon Brown IS there.

Suggest grafitti : Gordon Brown was 'ere.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

But 'e weren't met at thee hareporrrt by the Presnut an a corrrtege o' red-carrrpet wavin protocol mavens, were 'e.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

No e werent. It be an hinsult.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Griffin NoName on April 16, 2008, 02:44:52 AM

Rumours that no one in the US will notice Gordon Brown is there because the Pope will over-shadow him.

Hence this announcement.

Gordon Brown IS there.

Suggest grafitti : Gordon Brown was 'ere.

Gordon who?  ::)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

Must be the President of the UK or something. ;)
WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

Oh, one of those silly 'European' things. This here's AMURRICA, where ya don't put a K in stuff you don't want people to laugh at., right? All place names with a K are funny...Kalamazoo, Kookamonga, Kansas... :mrgreen:

I'm sure if they wanted us to take him seriously, they'd have gotten somebody with a better name like that Blair guy. I mean' this one's named after a COLOR, a generally ugly one!

These people exist, and are in college even!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
This sig area under construction.

beagle

I wondered why the FTSE 100 was up 2.4%.

Please don't rush to send him back.
The angels have the phone box

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on April 16, 2008, 03:32:33 PM
Oh, one of those silly 'European' things. This here's AMURRICA, where ya don't put a K in stuff you don't want people to laugh at., right? All place names with a K are funny...Kalamazoo, Kookamonga, Kansas... :mrgreen:

Hey! I was born in Kansas....wait.  Nevermind.  :P
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

beagle

Quote from: Agujjim on April 16, 2008, 01:47:35 PM
Must be the President of the UK or something. ;)

Actually I think his old boss is planning to be the next Pope, but I'm not sure the existing one realises it yet.

Griffin NoName

Interesting move. Going all the way to the States to announce the giving of more tax payers money to the banks. ;)

I have got this right haven't I?  We pay tax. This tax is given to the banks. The banks then have enough money to lend us. We pay interest to the banks on the money the banks loan us. Brilliant covert tax hike.
Psychic Hotline Host

Black Bart

But which one is the best at giving away tax payers money:

Gordon Brown or George Bush

there's only one way to find out...

FIGHT!

She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

beagle

Quote from: Black Bart
But which one is the best at giving away tax payers money:
I don't think either of them has fully grasped the 7 fat years/7 lean years parable stuff from the Technicolor Dreamcoat.

That Andrew Lloyd-Webber is so smart you could almost start a religion from his writings.

Sibling Chatty

So Lloyd-Weber and Blair will duke it out for Pope, and you guys can have that German guy in the dress to run your government, even though he ties his shoes in little (k)notzies!

BTW, Tim Rice did all the good lyrics. When Lloyd-Weber dumped him, he got--melodramatic. And boring... ::)

beagle

If the bloke's prayers actually work he may be just what we need, even if he is a beginner on the fancy dress front compared to some of our existing officials. At the very least he'll need a hat with big feathers to impress the locals.

Not very well up on musicals, other than "La Resistance" from the South Park movie, or "The Song That Goes Like This".

Sibling Chatty

Lloyd-Webber, music.
Rice, Words.

When Lloyd-Webber thought he was too good for Rice, he went off and bombed with Jeeves, then came back...and his biggest hits since they finally quit working together have involved TS Eliot, and the Phantom story, which doesn't need words, and it's a damn good thing, since the melodies often leave the singers unable to enunciate. (Sarah Brightman has been quoted as saying that he hates sopranos, thus he writes miserable things for them to do in all his new compositions.) Oh, and a musical remake of an olh Hollywood movie.

Rice slunk into obscurity by collaborating with Elton John and a few other 'lesser' lights...