News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What significant things have I done today?

Started by Griffin NoName, April 02, 2008, 08:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Iinstalled MS Office Suite 2007 and PhotoDraw version 2
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Pachyderm

Nothing as yet, but it's only 10 o'clock, so I remain optimistic.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

beagle

Put up some guttering, designed a WPF control and wrote a polyphonic motet in the style of Thomas Tallis.

(OK, I may have made one of those claims up).
The angels have the phone box

Pachyderm

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Darlica

I helped my best friend move but since my back is busted I can't carry heavy things, so I was the designated babysitter for her little son instead.

He can be both grumpy and loud but in some strange way I managed to keep him happy and quiet for the whole time I had him, which according to his loving mother is nothing short of a miracle... ;D
I have no idea what I did and I doubt I can repeat it.

:)
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Pachyderm

To be totally honest, I am fed up with doing significant things.

I have been going like the outhouse door when dysentry is in town, and just want a rest.

Thankfully, James is back next week, so he can have some of the workload.

"Can we have a quote by next Tuesday" is not that unreasonable at 4:47pm on a Thursday, but the answer to

"Can we have a qute by next Tuesday, and the surveys done and the report by next Friday?"

is alas, "Go Forth And Multiply".

You wouldn't ask an architect, or a quantity surveyor, or a roads engineer, or any other professional occupation that, so why do you feel it is appropriate to ask an ecologist?

Oh, that's right, you think that the environmental stuff is just red tape and bullshit, and tha no-one will take it seriously. Well, my friend, enjoy the months long delay until it's the correct season for those surveys, all because you are an idiot. Hope your client stays with you, because everyone else thinks you're an ass-hat. And shouting at me down the phone won't help, I don't make the laws. But this time, I will take great pleasure in informing you what they are. And now you've mentioned it to me (and I have the email) if any work gets carried out, get your bag packed for the Big House with the iron bar windows.

Today was not a good day.

Normal service will resume shortly.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

That sounds pretty significant to me... ;)
--
Hopefully the next is significant and less aggravating.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

Baked an angel food cake for the Opsalette's birthday. Not significant in a universal sense, only a personal one. Does that count?

Earthling

Jeez, Pachy, sorry to hear you have the same client list as I do. Someone looking for a vernal pool survey in high summer? :aargh: We have a subdivision (approved by a deskbound office-haunter in Augusta who never saw the site and never asked us to look at it) with lovely building envelopes, appropriately sized and respecting such things as stream setbacks and whatnot. There's this one lot (all are on steep terrain, poorly drained soils, lots of rainfall) with a "linear wetland" running down the slope, with lovely uphill-pointing V-shaped contour lines and flowing water in the bottom, but no streams. Good thing, because if there was a stream, they would have lost the lot. [Pause for screaming and pounding head against wall. :headbang:]

Today I drove 200 miles to my brother's house, and tore his front stairs off! ;D
"Heisenberg may have slept here"

Opsa

Darlica

I drove Lindorm to the train station, he left for a 3 week vacation at the summerhouse, I however will have to stay in the city this time.

I also drew a portrait of my aunt A.

Swatopluk

Thinking about purchasing a mini camcorder (the price dropped significantly)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Earthling

Said goodbye to Spike for the last time.

Poor Spikie.
"Heisenberg may have slept here"

Darlica

A :candle: to light his way to the fields of catnip!

And a :hug: to you, loosing a pet always hurt.