News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What significant things have I done today?

Started by Griffin NoName, April 02, 2008, 08:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Wifes do it for 'free' at times.

YMMV though.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

She had to fix it this morning "Wake up, I need your help, I'm having a hair emergency" - her friend inflicted it on me in the first place.  The friend cuts her husband's hair, but he usually books a follow-up trip to the stylist from what I can gather. :P
WWDDD?

Pachyderm

Imitation leatherette?

Beagle, I am sorely dissapointed.

One would never stoop so low as to imitation leatherette. What would the chaps at the Drones say? You would never catch Oofy Prosser with an imitation leatherette case, despite his despicable trick with the swinging hoops over the pool.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

beagle

I'm not so sure. Remember Bingo Little and the tie with little horseshoes on it? Or Bertie and the white dinner jacket from Cannes? It's incidents like that which remind one how fragile is the thin veneer of civilization which separates us from the apes.
The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

Which is worse, imitation leatherette briefcases or imitation leatherette book covers?

Today I finished my accounts and discovered I have the wrong tax form.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Neither is in the same circle of taste Hell as devices to stamp your initials on golf balls, IMHO.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on September 26, 2009, 10:37:24 PM
Neither is in the same circle of taste Hell as devices to stamp your initials on golf balls, IMHO.

Provided you are tolerant of those who have such devices, you will not be banned.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

I just came back from doing my duty as a citizen. No, not paying taxes or procreating. Voting in the federal elections.
The election campaign was the most boring in living memory which in a way is a good thing.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

beagle

Quote from: Swatopluk on September 27, 2009, 08:41:07 AM
I just came back from doing my duty as a citizen. No, not paying taxes or procreating. Voting in the federal elections.
The election campaign was the most boring in living memory which in a way is a good thing.

Only one of the posters, emphasising Angela Merkel's assets, made it over here.

If she gets enough votes to form a different coalition she might transform into the Iron Lady.  That might liven things up.

Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 26, 2009, 11:38:23 PM

Provided you are tolerant of those who have such devices, you will not be banned.

Thankee kindly maam. :forelocktuggingemoticon: .
I don't care what everybody else says, I think you're a wise and benevolent ruler, and hardly at all like Gengis Khan.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on September 27, 2009, 03:45:28 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 26, 2009, 11:38:23 PM

Thankee kindly maam. :forelocktuggingemoticon: .
I don't care what everybody else says, I think you're a wise and benevolent ruler, and hardly at all like Gengis Khan.

I heard Gengis Khan was much misunderstood.
Psychic Hotline Host

Pachyderm

Yes, it was the lisp.

He was a really nice chap, all about the flower arranging and interior design, but his followers misheard his instructions concering doilies as "kill everyone between China and Poland who isn't one of us"
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

beagle

Yeah that happens a lot.  I well remember the bloodshed at the Paris Fashion Show due to confusion between "Armani" and "an army". It took two weeks to get Dolce & Gabbana to withdraw their tanks from the Ardennes.

I blame over-zealous PAs.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

Got a cell phone for the first time in years (have a work phone, but switching jobs so now I must get my own - they pay a daily cell allowance for field work but do not provide). :P

WWDDD?

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 28, 2009, 02:52:40 AM
Not to mention the fashion houses' war on size 14 models or the Christian modelling agency preaching spiritual fulfilment to the fashion world.

Quote from: Guardian
The organisation's attempt to bring a spiritual element to the world of modelling may seem baffling: as Matthew 5:28 observes: "Anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Is that where the expression "Might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb originates"?