News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pip Pip, Tally Ho - Talk Like a Land Lubber

Started by DaveL, March 07, 2008, 11:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Meromorph

Oh dear, perhaps I'm still affected by that Cap'n's Deloit?
I do hope I haven't offended anyone of any consequence...
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

Dear dear, Pachy. I was only making a very poor joke about rogue elephants. I meant no harm and I'm awfully sorry to have caused offense. Bad me! Do come out of that locker, won't you please, and rejoin the party? I do so hate to see Lord Mero looking crestfallen and Sir Dave's freshly laundered handkerchief all sullied on the deck. And I don't even know where Pieces has got to.

Pachyderm

Is that pirate feller still around? If so, meself , the hounds, and the port are quite comfortable, dontcher know. Best thing is, passing to the left just means switching hands.......
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

pieces o nine

Ai say, there is such an awful brouhahaha, one can barely keep the rogue pirates -- rapidly advancing upon one and one's companions, one might add -- in focus in one's opera glasses!

* languidly extends cognac glass, at a rakish angle, in general direction of bottles being passed around *

Ai say! What *does* a lady have to do for a drink around here?

* abruptly refocuses opera glasses, mid-giggle, towards the advancing pirates *
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Opsa

Well, where did that Captain's Delight get to? That hit the spot.

And I won't say which spot that was!

The Meromorph

Ahh! That's what it's called, eh?

I suggest we set out a row of open bottles of this Captain's Delight, right where these pirate chappies are going to board...

That should give the footmen a chance to pitch the blighters back overboard, even allow the Ladies to take appropriate measures, what?  ;)
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

Teddibly clever idea, Lord Mero, you foxy swain, you!

pieces o nine

Mero, you are such a tease!

Opsa, dear, I've dispatched the ladies' maid to fetch sewing kits. How else might we 'take measures' with the oncoming pirates, eh, what?

* winks conspiratorially and takes another nip of whatever is sloshing about in the cognac glass *
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Pachyderm

Leave open bottles? Is that allowed? Let's just pitch the empties overboard. Would make the decks easier to walk along, too.

Can I offer the services of a chappie I met in the Sub-continent. Name's Yogendra Singh Yadav. Very handy chap in a tight spot...

Opsa

Oh dear yes, the more the merrier!

Now, whom are we sizing up, now?

pieces o nine

Quote from: The Meromorph on June 15, 2010, 09:45:29 PM
I suggest we set out a row of open bottles of this Captain's Delight, right where these pirate chappies are going to board...

That should give the footmen a chance to pitch the blighters back overboard, even allow the Ladies to take appropriate measures, what?  ;)

;)

Bluenose

*sotto voce* I say, Lord Pachy, the ladies are looking at that pirate fellow with a certain ferocity, don'tcha think?
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Pachyderm

Eh, wassat?

*sotto voce*

Gads, Blue old chap, yer right. They are looking downright predatory, what? I'd say that chappie is on the list fer a damn good thrashin'.

Bluenose

*sotto voce*

Well, if it turns out to be that dastardly Captain Bluenose chap, a thrashing might not discourage him - I hear he enjoys that sort of thing, the rum fellow.

I say!  That pirate ship is getting awfully close!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Pachyderm

*sotto voce*

If he likes a good thrashing, he may well have gone to the same school as me. Matron plied a mighty right arm, as I well remember

*shouts across*
"Ai sai, old boy, you wouldn't happen to have a bottle of Angostura bitters on board by any chance. It's just we're out, you see, and you simply can't make a jolly old pink gin without it. And, as every right-thinkin' nautical cove will tell you, one simply can't set sail without a Harry Pinkers in yer hand"