News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pip Pip, Tally Ho - Talk Like a Land Lubber

Started by DaveL, March 07, 2008, 11:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

Thank you for the pink gin, Pachy. One has always been loyal to HRH's Bombay Sapphire until now... one says, one doesn't quite recognize one wave from the next...

One idly wonders whether we have been the unwitting victims of a "missing time" incident? These demmed "missing time" incidents have been all the rage lately, according to the local papers, what?

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Pachyderm

Oh, don't worry Milady. 'Tis Bombay Sapphire, never fear. And Angostura Bitters fer the pink.

Yes, this missing time malarkey seem to be all the rage. Went round to Gareth's place on Friday, next thing I knew it was Monday morning! Some fiend had pinched me week-end!
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Opsa

Oh goody. I do so enjoy being with the avant garde. Let's have a mad, mad tea party (gin, of course) and invite all the aliens and everyone else will be green with envy. How shall we contact them? Crop circles seem so declasse...

pieces o nine

"Can one create wave  circles?"  she asked a bit tipsily.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Opsa

Do you mean we'd stand in a circle and wave at them? Gosh, no. That'd scare them to death. They're more used to us threatening them with missiles and the like.

Bluenose

I really must object, good sirs and ladies.  Those aliens are simply beyond the pale.  I mean, just last week I went into my local public house for a little light refreshment and next thing I know it was the next morning - those darstardly aliens had abducted me, emptied my pockets of all my money and conducted fiendish experiments on me by filling my blood up with alcohol - amd I have absolutely no recollection of the time in between!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

pieces o nine

That sounds awful! One hopes such a scarring experience will not put you off patronizing your local pub when we return from this endless whimsical cruise!

Opsa

Pachyderm

We are here, Lady T, just where we should be. Within arm's reach of the gin.

Opsa

Eau, thanks heavens. I was feeling a bit- oriented there for a moment. Be a good fellow and pour us a splash, won't you dear?

Pachyderm

"Mais naturellement, ma cherie."

*passes Lady T a gin*

"Anyone else for a top-up?"

pieces o nine

Opsa

If we have many more top-ups we could wind up with our tops down, Lady Nine! HAW-haw-haw...

Bluenose

I say, Pachy old bean, you wouldn't care to pass the Bombay Saphire over in this direction by any chance, would you old chum?
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

Dear, dear, the fellows seem to be passing that back and forth from one another and leaving ladies out of the running completely, Nine. Maybe we should send for some cheeses.

...er... Nine...?