News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pip Pip, Tally Ho - Talk Like a Land Lubber

Started by DaveL, March 07, 2008, 11:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivor

Oh dear.  I can't see my hand in front of my face for all this fog! :mrgreen:

pieces o nine

Lud! That is *my* face you're waving your hand in front of, you silly goose. Do be a dear and fetch me another cognac.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Bluenose

I say chaps! I was just taking in the sea air up on the promenade deck and what's that I see over there on the horizon?  It appears to be some sort of sailing ship...  and is that a Jolly Roger flying at the mast head?  Oh my goodness, I hope that blasted Captain Bluenose is not aboard...
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

pieces o nine

* giggles fetchingly *

* sashays, a bit unsteadily, over to the rail for a closer look *
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

The Meromorph

Good Lord. That delightful woman wobbled as she walked! 
Is she not wearing stays, or am I still confused by that invigoratin' G&T additive?  ???
Lovely woman though, what? Very Charmin'.
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

Hmmm, yes. She's been somewhat bobblier now that she let those pufferfish out of her corset. I fear they've left some jiggle room.

Lady P, I say, would you like me to tighten your laces? You could grab hold of that railing to steady yourself.

pieces o nine

Hmmmm?

*hic* 

I say, Opsie-Daisy, that's a capital idea! One does want to look one's best for  [*shiver*]  piratical rogues.  In case of boarding.  La!

Bluenose

Oh Dear, oh dear!  Just look at that fellow standing on the quarter deck of that ship.  If I'm not mistaken he appears to be shouting naughty words at us and making lewd gestures towards the ladies!  I say we need to tecach that fellow a lesson he won't forget, eh what?  In fact, I've half a mind to go over there and give him a jolly good talking to, you see if I don't.  That will sort him out, make no mistake!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

Aw, just let me 'n' Pieces take care of 'em. We'd wear 'em out in a trice.

Ahem.. did I say that? Pardon me. Must've been the Captain's Delight...

DaveL

What a rude bounder that man is Lord Bluenose.  I say, we sully forth and give that man a right punch on the hooter!
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

pieces o nine

Ooooooh, did someone say, 'thrice'?   :giggle:

* quickly adjusts opera glasses for a better look at the piratical rogues *

Pachyderm

*hatch cover lifts*

"Ai sai, what's all the ballyhoo? I was just, ehm, well, aha, checking the  sail locker, yes, that's it, checking the sail locker, and then there was all this confounded noise above me head..."

*eyes cross*

"Dear God, girl, not now"

*eyes uncross*

"Pirates! Bugger me!"

*hatch crashes shut*

*muted roar from below*

"That was an expression, not an instruction!"
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Opsa

Gracious, whot a trumpet that Pachyderm has!

Now now now, DaveL darling, there'll be no hooter-punching! We don't want anyone's hooters all swollen up.

Bluenose

Indeed Lady Opsa.  I must say, however, that it does not appear to be that pirate scoundrel's hooter that is all swollen up...   *guffaw*

Opsa

Heavens to Betsy, Blue old thing, you're right! No opera glasses needed, here.
:blush: