News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Bush Nicks California National Guard Equipment

Started by Scriblerus the Philosophe, February 27, 2008, 08:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriblerus the Philosophe

The Govenator wants it back, since about half of the stuff is gone, which leaves us vunerable in the event]of a fire or earthquake or other event. Everything from radios to humvees was taken and has never been returned or replaced.
Other governors are complaining as well, and there's been two events were equipment that was needed was overseas, inclluding the recent tornado strike in Kansas that affected voter turn-out for the primaries.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Aggie

WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

Hell, look at the Katrina mess--that WOULD have been much less---except that the Guard and their stuff was gone.

The 'normal' way of running a war has been abandoned for "Let the states and the Guards handle it." The military leadership says little about it, but they ALL hate it. Removing the troops will eventually happen, and rebuilding the military may take several generations.
This sig area under construction.

Aphos

Back when the big fires were raging in southern California, I recall hearing that part of the problem fighting them was that all the Guard's fire fighting equipment was in Iraq.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Oh yes. I remember hearing about that. As I recall, my local newspaper's editors were very angry about that. Didn't know they had taken half the stuff, though.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Is anyone here really surprised to discover this?  (If it was not already known, of course)

Bushya&Co seem to think that whatever they want, they ought to get--for are they not king?  ::)

Just look at the deficit spending of the Bush regime....

*bleah*
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

pieces o nine

I've heard a little -- a very little -- about each these situations. It seems the MSM is still giving a pass to the regime, perhaps to avoid being called out by demagogues screaming about 'traitors' and 'emboldening the enemy'. sigh. I certainly hope such...cursory...coverage is not due to public apathy.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

Since forest fires are solely the work of Al Qaeda & Co, more guard units and equipment have to be shifted to the Middle East because obviously we are fighting them not enough yet over there, so they came here. Don't you people understand simple logic?
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

ivor

Why would they take the fire fighting equipment?  Does sand burn?  Do adobe brick houses burn?  What are they using the fire fighting equipment for?

Pachyderm

Adobe brick houses don't burn particularly well. But the lovely shiny new bases the US troops are occupying might do. I think it's very important for squaddies coming back to barracks after a hard day's fighting The War on Terror to feel that they are at least protected by the best fire-fighting equipment the State of California can provide. It's also nice that several communities in California  may show their support by burning down...
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

I don't usually believe in reparations, but the government might have to, since it was their fault, indirectly, that so much burned. We have so much trouble fighting fires, even with full forces, that the loss of all that equipment made it much, much worse.

pieces o nine

Quote from: SwatoplukSince forest fires are solely the work of Al Qaeda & Co, more guard units and equipment have to be shifted to the Middle East because obviously we are fighting them not enough yet over there, so they came here. Don't you people understand simple logic?

I dunno, I think those fruit-n-nuts, tree-hugging, sandal-wearing, immoral, godless, LIE-beral, hollywood-elitist Californeeyans hate our ... um ... freedoms. Or maybe Cailifornia is being smited for our collective sins.

In either case, there's no need to endanger decent, god-fearing Murakins and emboldenfy our enemies -- because if you're not with us you're against us, heh heh --  by not supporting our troops -- or at least, our civilian contractors -- and liberal partisan Congress is endangerizing Muraka by refusing to grant immunity to the good corporations who may have aided us in our -- completely legal -- attempts to catch the evildoers -- and because of it, money-grubbing trial lawyers are going to attempt to sue them under laws that protect the Murakin people -- although *I* am here to protect you from the Constitution -- I'm the "Protector" --  sigh, I just can't write like this...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: pieces o nine on February 29, 2008, 09:49:18 PM
Quote from: SwatoplukSince forest fires are solely the work of Al Qaeda & Co, more guard units and equipment have to be shifted to the Middle East because obviously we are fighting them not enough yet over there, so they came here. Don't you people understand simple logic?

I dunno, I think those fruit-n-nuts, tree-hugging, sandal-wearing, immoral, godless, LIE-beral, hollywood-elitist Californeeyans hate our ... um ... freedoms. Or maybe Cailifornia is being smited for our collective sins.

In either case, there's no need to endanger decent, god-fearing Murakins and emboldenfy our enemies -- because if you're not with us you're against us, heh heh --  by not supporting our troops -- or at least, our civilian contractors -- and liberal partisan Congress is endangerizing Muraka by refusing to grant immunity to the good corporations who may have aided us in our -- completely legal -- attempts to catch the evildoers -- and because of it, money-grubbing trial lawyers are going to attempt to sue them under laws that protect the Murakin people -- although *I* am here to protect you from the Constitution -- I'm the "Protector" --  sigh, I just can't write like this...

LOL!

For a minute, there, I thought that you were channeling the ghost of Dubya, and my deepest fears were finally realized-- that we wouldn't be rid of him, even in death!

Then, my humor subprocessor kicked in, and I began to laugh-- that funny-ha-ha of relief at first, then a genuine laugh-out-loud.

Thanks, I needed that!
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

pieces o nine

You're welcome, I'm glad it made you smile.

And sad that our leaders so deserve to be mocked.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I'd say that all leaders deserve to be mocked, and some deserve to be recalled.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.