News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pictures

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), October 12, 2006, 06:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

When young (about 3) my son went to a playgroup which let the children play in the graveyard and he thought the gravestones were there to stop the corpses escaping. I thought that was a very sensible thing to come up with for something that wouldn't make sense at that age. Shouldn't the cage be full of flowers?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Quote from: DavidH on February 11, 2010, 09:27:38 PM
Too low.

At least we know the cause of death now. "Mistaken for a carrot".

P.S. Does the view from your house mean you can get the monastery kitchens cheap meat? Or at least a nice rug?
The angels have the phone box

Sibling DavidH

They're not actually our farmer's animals.  The Welsh bring their sheep down off the mountains and overwinter them round here, for which they pay a measly few quid.  If I nick one, they might send a war-party down to ravage the county and burn Hereford cathedral.  They've done it before.
:taz: :stick: :sheep:

beagle

As long as there are more than ten and you don't pinch the best-looking ewe...

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Reminiscences from All You Wanted To Know But Were Afraid To Ask?
:mrgreen:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling DavidH

Another ancient custom round here:

THE ROASTING OF THE ENTERTAINER

(We only do it if he wasn't very good.)

beagle

Ducking stools, burnings, sheep. You're making me want to relocate.

Griffin NoName

Thought it was Black Bart who was into sheep. ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

My grandson Cap'n B, aged 2½, who is on one of his regular weekends with us.  He is holding a toad to show his interest in the monastery (we can't find a fish).

Griffin NoName

what a lovely child
Psychic Hotline Host

pieces o nine

Yarrrgh!   Wot a foine-lookin' lad!

Wood 'e 'appen ter be a hack wain tents ov NefYoo?    :piratetoadfish:
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling DavidH

The resemblance to Nefyu has been noted before - in fact, I have been asked whether it's really him!  But no.
Mind you, poor ole Nefyu is very hard done by.

Sibling DavidH

I promised one of my disabled photography pupils I'd show off one or two more of their photos to the wide world (that's you, O Siblings).
This was taken from inside Stokesay Castle, Shropshire; I think it was a credit to him.

And this is by another profoundly disabled man:

I can now hand either of these blokes a good bridge camera and let them loose at one of our events, and the'll come back with the goods.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

That is a very cool pic. Fixed focus lens?
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling DavidH

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on February 24, 2010, 08:03:36 PM
That is a very cool pic. Fixed focus lens?
No, zoom.  He had a Fuji 5200 bridge camera.  They never got on with SLRs, because they had trouble with viewfinders.  Had to use the screen.  I was disappointed about that, but didn't want to force them.  The cameras were left on auto, of course ,but they did get the hang of setting the flash (sort of) and learned to use zoom. Most of it was just composition and picking subjects.  They started from a very low level.