News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pictures

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), October 12, 2006, 06:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Didn't know that - googling it seems to indicate Edmonton, though that's only a 3-hour drive and by the 35th century (or the end of the next oil boom) it's likely going to be one city.  Right now Calgary just worships the Holy Steak of the god Cattle (it's nicknamed Cowtown).

I've got an L-shaped balcony, so that's only a small slice of the 270o view (albeit the one from the living/dining room picture window).  :D  The south view is features less tall buildings and more foliage, during the 4 months we get such things.

WWDDD?

Sibling DavidH

Dang it, you're right, it was Edmonton.  Regrettably, that means I know nothing about Calgary at all.  Lamentable!  :'(

Edit - here's a recent shot of the view from my house.  (The snow has gone for now, but it's dark so I can't take a fresh one.)

Griffin NoName

Our grass is green Why is that grass white?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Is growing cotton a secret agenda by one of our political parties to solve the economic crisis and which they plan to spring on the electorate as part of their election campaign?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

I suspect a leg-pull here.  :toadfishwink:

Swatopluk

King Cotton conspiring with the Iacobite pretenders to get back England, France and America?
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

But wasn't the Euro the cornerstone of the stratagem? What will they do now that it is -allegedly- 'collapsing'?  ::) ::)

Swatopluk

Tie it to the dollar mayhaps :help: :explode:

Sibling DavidH

Just to change the subject back to a serious topic, how about this one I took this very morning at Acton Beauchamp, near here.  It's the traditional Herefordshire Grave-Cage.

Some of these old farming folk are so tough that they'll rise from their graves if they sniff so much as a whiff of cider.  Since the Parson permanently stinks of the stuff, they have to cage the most persistent corpses in.  Otherwise you get a load of putrefying skeletons hanging round the pulpit.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

If the solution for zombies was found that long ago how is it that this isn't more widespread?
:D

Swatopluk

Looks more like a playpen for the zombie children.
Btw, what happens when zombies encounter ghouls?

Sibling DavidH

These fellows aren't zombies, just good old-fashioned country cider addicts.  They may be a bit dead and buried, but the lure of the cider is mighty powerful. Ghouls are from Worcestershire and never stray this side of Frome's Hill.
Look, this is a ghoul:

This is a zombie:

And this is a normal dead farmer out of his grave and looking for cider:

beagle

If it wasn't for his intellectual air the last one could be a Fenland farmer. In fact they all could.

Are you sure that cage thing wasn't so the dearly departed could take his pet rabbit with him?
The angels have the phone box

Sibling DavidH