News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pictures

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), October 12, 2006, 06:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriblerus the Philosophe

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

ivor

Quote from: anon1mat0 on October 12, 2006, 06:42:14 PM
I was thinking that we could have a thread for nice or interesting pictures.

As an example, last night while driving home from my rehearsal I saw the moon in a redish color that caught my attention. Once I got home I pulled my camera (Dimage Z5) and took a few pictures of it. Sadly it was more yellowish by the time I took them but still nice, I think (perhaps a bit overexposed?). For the inclined these are the specs: ASA100, F4.5, 1/10s (with a tiny tripod and temporizer).

Hi Anon,

I fixed part of the problem with zoomgallery by upgrading to RC3.  I added your picture to the nature gallery as a test.  I hope you don't mind.  If anybody is interested in putting there pictures in any gallery here just give it a try.  Unfortunately I can't seem to upload with FireFox but IE6 works. *sigh*

MB

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

My grey cat, Galileo:

My black cat, Samantha:

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

ivor

I made a new gallery for pets.  I put your cats in there Bob.  Hope that's okay.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on December 12, 2006, 12:48:38 AM
I made a new gallery for pets.  I put your cats in there Bob.  Hope that's okay.

That's fine - if you want to delete the originals (above) and put a link to the gallery instead, that's okay too.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

ivor

If I wasn't so lazy I would.  ;D

MB

My kitty hath no pics on my flash drive, but more then enough on my dA.

A few of my new one. Afraid they're all a little blurry, since my prescription on my glasses is wearing out, but I like them anyway.

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Wow... Kanaloa, you take amazing photos.   :o

Here are a few old ones of mine:

Indoor go-kart race... around 2005, I think:

Long exposure stars from a camping trip in... 2000, I think:

Dario Franchitti at the Toronto Molson Indy:

The 2003 Black Bear Rally in Dorset, Ontario:

Karter at a club race in Waterloo, Ontario, in 2003:

I didn't realized it when I chose the photos, but they've all got sort of a "swooshy" feeling to them, don't they?

Edit

Here's one more - it was my first real attempt at monkeying with a print in the darkroom:

When the photo was taken, the lighting was really varied, so I had to dodge and burn the print to get the person and the water to all turn out properly.

Thank you! I hated dodging and burning when I took photo. And I like the swooshy feeling, very nice.

More things I played with. Just color and saturation, though. And contrast, too, I think.

The Meromorph

Here's a couple taken about twenty minutes apart. They both have, to me, a feeling of incredible peacefulness.
The more I look at this seagull one, the better I like it...

Dances with Motorcycles.

The Meromorph

I've moved the discussion of seagulls which used to follow this post into 'Miscellaneous Discussion' under the Topic 'Seagulls'.
Dances with Motorcycles.

Nice pictures. I really like that second one. Very peaceful.

Here are more of mione, from a bird watching expidition with my mother to a local ponding basin.
Those are buffleheads, according to my mother, and the other two are an egret and a night heron, respectively.

I got a little trigger happy afterwards.

The Meromorph

Here's another. Taken by my daughter, processed by me...

Primaeval Tennessee
Dances with Motorcycles.

The Meromorph

And one of my Granddaughter...
Dances with Motorcycles.

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Here are some from our trip to Key West:

link here

link here
Hmm... the right side is getting cut off.  A question to those of you who have posted thumbnails that expand when you click them: how do you do that?

Edit: added some links so you can see them non-cropped.