News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Can WE Change History?

Started by Scriblerus the Philosophe, November 14, 2007, 06:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

Umm,  if anyone would like it, I could convert the Word doco into a PDF with Adobe Acrobat.  That should overcome the problems of different operating systems/ software etc.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Sibling Chatty

Please do. I'm unable to open it at all.

I r bein' a technodummy...
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

Which doc are we talking about?

I've been working with Opsa on various emblem versions/formats.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

I think Aggie's doc...

I dunno. I R dummy, pretty much across the board right now.

Opsa

Me too. Griffin keeps sending me perfectly good logos and somehow they become blurry or otherwise corrupted at this end.

I think my Mac is making poor decisions as to which application to open them in. I haven't figured out how to correct that.
:-[

Bluenose

S'OK, I'm working on it, just had work get in the way is all.  I am taking the doc and replacing the logo with the up to date one and then I will convert it to PDF.  I will not change the page size or layout at first, but if anyone wants an A4 version or a different card layout, just let me know and I'll make another version.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: Opsanus tau on November 21, 2007, 09:19:25 PM

I think my Mac is making poor decisions as to which application to open them in. I haven't figured out how to correct that.
:-[

My pc doesn't make decisions. It just sez "You dumbbutt, I can't open that. Pick SOMETHING" and I got NO IDEA what to pick.

I gots to get smarter, somehow. There's an animated GIF I want to be able to use whenever I need it... A little green lizardy/dinosaur guy that sticks out his tongue and says "I don't care!" Heh.

Need him for e-mailin' my brothers...

Griffin NoName

Well, yes, if the Mac is opening stuff in the wrong software that would explain a lot.

That's the trouble with Macs IMO. They like to be in charge.

You need to find out how to open a file using an application of your choice !!!  Have you tried Mac for Dummies?

I just got this off a forum:

QuoteHighlight a .doc file, press Apple+I to bring up the info box. Change the open with pull down to Microsoft Word, and hit the Change All button.

I guess you can use that method for any file type/application.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bluenose

Here is the PDF version.  All you need is Acrobat Reader to view the file which is a free download from Adobe (for any technophobes out there)

Opsa

Carp. The logos look fine on screen, but print out muddy. Must be my cheesy printer.

Thank you for trying!

On the other hand, the cards are greatly improved. Yeay!  :-*

The Meromorph

Sharp and clear on my printer...
Dances with Motorcycles.

Bluenose

Hmm...  I will have a go at making a vector version of the logo and try embedding that - it might fix your printing problem, Ops.  May take a few days until I get the time to do this though.

Opsa

Thankee Blue, I appreciates the efforts.