News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin

None of it matters a jot when we will all be extinct very shortly.

Last climate change doom not far off Post
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Very shortly on a geological timescale.
On a human timescale it will be long enough - Death by a thousand cuts.

Last The slow doom is the doomiest (most doomious?) Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin

Most doom-ridden I think.

Where has everyone gone? Are they on their Easter breaks?

Last A dying forum? Post
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

I was asking that myself.
Is there a way to call a general assembly?

But I get the impression that this is not the only web forum where activity has been low in the recent past.
Everyone busy digging shelters* expecting several conflicts to spread farther still while the year proceeds?

Bibi costing Biden the election while complaining that the US is not delivering bombs etc. fast enough to keep up with expenditure, the GOPsters in Congress calling for sending everything to Israel and nothing to Ukraine, also refusing to spend anything on rebuilding that bridge in Baltimore because there are too many n-words there and the huge financial damage amassing daily by the port being blocked is seen as a plus because bad economic news can be blamed on Biden, also working on a bill to make lab-grown meat illegal and demanding that any support of electric vehicles stop immediately (discouraging bike use and walking as a matter of principle too of course)...

*Politicians have in all seriousness called for rebuilding of air raid shelters and preparing kids in schools for the eventuality of a war coming.

Last indeed, few good news Post

At least my work as a tutor since late last year to help schoolkids with (mainly) math gives me some satisfaction.

Griffin

The US system is nuts if all it can come up with are Biden and Trump. There must be able younger people on both sides, maybe not having enough money to run a campaign.

Also, how will they ever get an impartial jury for Trump? It's not possible unless people with zero interest in who is President.

I could send out an email but not many siblings respond to them nowdays. I could put somemthing on Facebook Toadfish group, but similarly, have done it before and not many members reacted. There is definitely a drify away from forums towards the social media platforms.

Last Which is falling apart the fastest? Uk or US?Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Depending on November 2024 my bet would be on the US. The UK will muddle through somehow.

As for juries: We will need to develop hibernation technology to always keep enough potential impartial jurors that are not "tainted" by prior information on cases.

I call it "The Cryogenic Draft"

Last Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Griffin on March 12, 2024, 06:48:11 PMNone of it matters a jot when we will all be extinct very shortly.
All of us? Not so sure; hundreds of millions if not more affected for sure.
Quote from: Swatopluk on April 07, 2024, 11:38:06 PMEveryone busy digging shelters* expecting several conflicts to spread farther still while the year proceeds?
If you're in Gaza...

Quote from: Swatopluk on April 07, 2024, 11:38:06 PMBibi costing Biden the election while complaining that the US is not delivering bombs etc. fast enough to keep up with expenditure...
Bibi in his unquenchable desire to stay in power at all costs is screwing everyone around him, specially Israel. Even DT criticize it as bad PR...  ::)
I venture to say that he has done more for antisemitism than any neonazi in the past 20 years.

Quote from: Griffin on April 16, 2024, 04:09:59 PMThe US system is nuts if all it can come up with are Biden and Trump.
And you just realized this?
 :P  ;)

Quote from: Griffin on April 16, 2024, 04:09:59 PMWhich is falling apart the fastest? Uk or US?
As much as I despise Biden and fear Trump, I think you guys in the UK are doing a very good job ruining your country in more ways than one, and I have serious doubts Starmer is going to save you from decades of economic  mismanagement.

Last that's what happens when you let the banks run things Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

I think shelter digging in Gaza would be futile. Hamas build a huge network of those (in part with money funneled to them by the Yahoo from Netanja) and the US deliver bunker busters to Israel to deal with them (and the other infrastructure above).

Last and those are not even the real deep penetrators Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Still you need to know where to aim and it's clear that the network of tunnels is far from being destroyed.

Last what I wonder is how are they dealing with water seepage Post

Swatopluk

From what I heard the tunnel and shelter system was a rather professional undertaking (no pun intended) with careful planning and execution (also useful as an employment program for Gazans and thus quite popular).
I assume Hamas had pretty clear ideas about what the Israelis would and could do and took that into account.
DIY civilian shelters would not have that advantage.

Last and the IDF is (are?) not very keen to send their guys into those tunnels for the above reaons Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

The joke over here has been that Hamas should be hired to fix the New York metro tunnels.

Last lets not start as to what IDF wants or not to do Post

Swatopluk

A good reason to keep some hostages.
Blown to smithereens (or accidentally shot) can be presented as unfortunate collateral damage. Or even attributed to Hamas.
Drowned corpses or some with signs of contact with chemical warfare agents would be a different matter.
Strongly increased Israeli settler violence under IDF protection in the West Bank is unfortunately for the most part ignored in Western media.

Last and someone set himself on fire in front of the New York courthouse where Jabbabonk's trial is currently taking place Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Swatopluk on April 19, 2024, 09:35:56 PMunfortunately for the most part ignored in Western media.
If it wasn't for the westerners systematically blown out it would probably be more concerned with Ukraine.

Last and who cares a consulate was blown up if it is in the land(s)/of the 'enemy' Post

Swatopluk

Meanwhile in the GOP old US of A Southern States fall over each other to repeal child labor laws and going after librarians. And yet another state came up with a law that bans counties and municipalities from requiring employers to give their workers at minimum a 15 min water break every 4 hours (mainly concerning agricultural workers in high summer). Florida has to keep up with Texas after all where essentially the same law got passed not that long ago (leading to calls to park governor Abbott's wheelchair* in the midday sun somewhere remote for that amount of time).

Last despite not being an Englishman. Mad dog could apply though Post

*with him in it and brakes locked, naturally

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Swatopluk on April 20, 2024, 02:57:33 PMAnd yet another state came up with a law that bans counties and municipalities from requiring employers to give their workers at minimum a 15 min water break every 4 hours (mainly concerning agricultural workers in high summer). Florida...
Because this is a curse free space I will refrain to use the words that pop into my mind while thinking on a monster like Mr. DeSantis.

Last @#$%^&* DeSantis! Post