News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Must be some basic need given that wigs are as old as civilisation.
In ancient Egypt they removed all body hair and wore wigs probably for hygyienic reasons.

Last easier delousing Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aphos

I've got the LAST POST!!!  I win!!!

Last winning Post
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Aphos

...and aside...

Sadly due to the loss of several of our members, we seem to have fallen below a critical number of members and have very few posts these days.  I am guilty of this myself as I only post on occasion.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Swatopluk

I too am not here round the clock anymore as I used too.
I re-immatriculated at the university and the lecture season starts next week (but the preliminaries take most of this one already).

Last if all goes well some poor schoolkids one day will greet their inevitable stay in hell as a happy repose from my classroom Post

Griffin NoName

It is true, we lack members posting. But there are some who read................... the ship is not entirely deserted.

The problem is not just people leaving, or abstaining, it is that we never really got beyond the exodous group. Also, all our very regular posters don't post any more. Like Opsa who was in every day.

For most, it is merely life moving on. For me it is a tragedy as real life friends have all deserted me since I've been housebound. It is hard not to be bitter about such desertions (the real life ones). I get no visits, nor even phone calls. I used to have a huge circle of friends. Being chronically ill and housebound is hard enough, but realising it means one becomes alone and ignored makes it desperate. I am only grateful this has been here so long.

Swato, I don't understand what re-immatriculated means. What role are you taking up? Does it mean becoming a student again?  But then, the schoolgirls don't make sense.

Last Post

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Yes, I am a student again (chemistry/Latin with the career path 'teacher'). I do not consider myself as one much talented for teaching schoolkids, but if I find no other work, that seems to be the only option currently. The kids and me will turn each others' life into a living hell (and they are likely to win).

Last and who said anything about girls? Post

Griffin NoName

Maybe a Freudian slip with schoolgirls. But I am no longer responsible for what my brain does; the CFS controls it.

I suppose a living hell may be better than a dead hell, or maybe not.

Last Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Aggie

We suffer also from consensus here; most of the interesting topics have been discussed and we either agree or agree to disagree on those points. It's not that stimulating to re-hash the same old themes.  That's a positive comment on our sensibility; communities that descend into constant back-patting and consensus-reconfirmation lack imagination.

We need new direction, although I will admit to being one of those for whom life has become too busy for much time online.  This place was my lifeline when I was constantly on the road and disconnected from real life in any meaningful way; now I have so much real life that I had to quit my job to find time for it all. ;)

Last Post
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Should we think about an advocatus diaboli sockpuppet? :o

Last supported by a devoted mock-Thatcherite Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Teaching is something I've enjoyed but always to pre/post graduates.

Last at least in college they have a clue and supposedly they want to be there Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

But it's also more dangerous since there is no guarantee that the recipients will accept the BS fed to them.

Last my rule: never talk shop with people likely to know anything about the topic Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

So, you only talk to babies?

Last but not about diapers Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Would certainly rule out talking to my 6 year old grandchild.

Last Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

In my experience it is quite safe to talk about history in the presence of natural scientists and about chemistry in the presence of historians. The knowledge overlap tends to be negligible.

Last there seems to be no adequate term for Fachidiot in English Post