News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The unlikely headline game

Started by beagle, October 02, 2006, 12:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

I got to see the video on youtube (with black censorship blocks over the offending parts) in a clip from The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
Then I just followed the displayed link to the NYP piece and assumed that that would conatin the original video.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin

Oh well............ not sure I'll follow it to YouTube. Too tired just now. Maybe sometime. The article was quite interesting. Material not covered by David Attenborough https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Attenborough
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aphos

--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Swatopluk

Aphos

Bluenose

Wombats take over Australian parliament, Australians rejoice
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Swatopluk

Aphos

Squid Protest Wombat Takeover
Claim Anti-invertebrate Bias

Aphos

(A real headline - from the Economist)

Ivermectin May Help COVID-19 Patients, But Only Those With Worms

Swatopluk

I would not be surprised at all, if this would lead some people to infest themselves with worms in order to increase the effectiveness of their ivermection in fighting Covid even more.

Griffin

The last few are all very good, but there is no "Like" button.
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Swatopluk

Aggie

Heh, I mentioned Everclear in the Last Post thread first... I've drank Everclear and orange juice during an early-morning final exam before, but certainly not at hamster levels (did OK on the exam, from what I can recall).

Quote from: Aphos on December 16, 2021, 07:25:39 PM
(A real headline - from the Economist)

Ivermectin May Help COVID-19 Patients, But Only Those With Worms

Interesting article, that one (I subscribe)....  I'd been wondering about the careful wording the CBC was using about Ivermectin and COVID in its reporting.  There was a push for a time to discourage the Ivermectin junkies, but it did sound like they were dancing around some possible effectiveness. Apparently the worms in question tend to explode in population in people treated for COVID with dexamethasone, with some associated mortality.  Ivermectin takes out the worms, and leads to better outcomes.  The article solved the mystery in the way it was being reported, and will be a good point of conversation with my local anti-vaxxer libertarian plumber.

Now, there's some indication that long covid may be an auto-immune disease, and other evidence that infection with certain parasitic worms prevent auto-immune diseases, so the best idea is to ingest some worm eggs first, then get COVID, and then take the ivermectin. ;)

WWDDD?

Swatopluk

After roughly 200 failed attempts and 120 years Congress passes anti-lynching law.