News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Respect for the Aged

Started by The Meromorph, August 09, 2007, 04:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjj

QuoteI find myself unable to change the whole world.
All I can do is change me.
I am committed to that.
Yes, that was my philosophy, too!

QuoteI will be what I want the world to be.
Not good enough, because you still depend on others... who envy your contentment and believe that they get more for themselves by robbing you!.
That's why all people of good will should co-operate towards a better society!
Quotemay i ...suggest a programme that will bring puissance through ecstacy?
I was told to be more 'serious' or else I wan't have a job here in the forum.  ;D

Scriblerus the Philosophe

I admit that I don't know what was told to you by our admin, but I highly doubt they said to be more serious. Because if that were so, we'd loose many people. And a monastery is nothing without its inhabitants.

I also agree with Mero. You can do little but lead by example, and to be what we want of the world is a step forward. You cannot reasonably force others to conform. That's fascism, I do believe.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Darlica

Quote from: Kanaloa the Squidly on August 18, 2007, 07:58:03 PM
I admit that I don't know what was told to you by our admin, but I highly doubt they said to be more serious. Because if that were so, we'd loose many people. And a monastery is nothing without its inhabitants.

I also agree with Mero. You can do little but lead by example, and to be what we want of the world is a step forward. You cannot reasonably force others to conform. That's fascism, I do believe.

I'm not a mod or admin in any way or form but that would be me in post #114 at the Trade agreements thread, read it and I think you will understand what I meant.

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

I read it, Darl, I'm not sure if I understand why you directed me to it. Could you please explain?
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

The Meromorph

Quote from: Kanaloa the Squidly on August 18, 2007, 10:51:29 PM
I read it, Darl, I'm not sure if I understand why you directed me to it. Could you please explain?
She mentioned his being serious in it. It's at least a minimal explanation for his otherwise non-responsive reply.
Dances with Motorcycles.

Did she? Did she mean #115, because #114 is jjj's.

I have to seem thick, but I'm still not getting it.

Sibling Chatty

Grey, this is the post...I think...

QuoteQuote from: jjj on Today at 02:04:56 AM

Stay clear of Thailand, because a friend of my brother was their two years ago, caught AIDS and now my brother got his ashes. At least hairs between fingers won't kill you!
===========Then Darl said

Your horniness is non of our business neither the way you choose handle it.
Condolences to your brothers for his friend. However this sentence about Thailand and there by Thai people not only borders to racism, it crosses the bridges and burns them behind it.

Have you for one second considered that there may be Thai people present here?

This is not funny, at all. If you consider this funny please stick to being serious.

I'm getting a sense of "OK, Mr. TMI Guy, you're just getting worse, not better and you seem to be enjoying it. As to the Thailand thing, ---(my interpretation here) If you don't do things you shouldn't do with people that you've got no business doing it with you won't get AIDS, especially not a strain that'll kill within 2 years, so if your brother's friend had to go to Thailand to get laid in the LONG KNOWN highly infected sex-trade areas there, DO NOT BLAME THE COUNTRY OR THE PEOPLE. (Because Darl's a nice lady, she wouldn't add the "you incredible bigot" part that I would.)

And I think she's probably agreeing that the 'staff' around here has been WAY tolerant. Because left up to me, that crap woulda hit the trash and taken the poster of same with it right about the time that post hit the board, no matter how tolerant I or anyone else had been before.

But then I'm allergic to bullshit, ya know. ::)
This sig area under construction.

Darlica

Kanaloa, in my browser my posts are marked 113 and 114 I directed you to the later post so you could see where he may have got the "I was told to be more 'serious'" idea from. I should have expressed my self clearer. I'm sorry, my bad. :(

/D
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

No worries! Thanks for that, both of you!
I was seeing a totally different post, something or other about shaking babies, not about AIDS and Thailand.