News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Toadfish Cellars

Started by Aggie, October 01, 2006, 05:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

It's been too long, but always was...

Good timing, I'll be cracking the 1-year bottle with the brewmaster this weekend. :)
WWDDD?

Pachyderm

There is a little brewery (compact but bijou) which is gaining some traction. Called Stewart Brewing, in Edinburgh. They did a collaboration with another company, Electric Bear Brewing, and produced a Canadian breakfast stout called "Not Your Buddy, Guy". I filled the growler and stuck it in the fridge. Very, very good indeed. Highly recommended....
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Aggie

Canadian breakfast stout, eh? Does it involve back bacon?  I'm more partial to a coffee porter for the morning...  or ISA with grapefruit juice. ;)

I can report that the TDC aging was a thorough success...  brewmaster noted that the oxidation was notable, which to me came through as more chocolatey than the fresh batch.  In any case, it's worth continuing the experiment.  Now I suppose I need to get some more bottles set aside so that I can compare fresh vs 1 year vs 2 year next year... which will require more tasters. ;)  The stuff does set one to slurring incredibly quickly.  Brewmaster says he regards is more as a port than a beer.
WWDDD?

Bluenose2

Yes, and I still miss her...  :(  <3