News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Where have all the pirates gone?

Started by anthrobabe, July 23, 2007, 12:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

They aren't gone
Someplace else or TOP?
They are not gone- they are hiding- raiding accident - the authorites would like to speak to them-and all.
Darn! Now how am I going to get my IOU paid.
What? The pirates are gone?

goat starer

Long time passing
Long time ago
Gone to Pastafaria every one
When will they ever learn?

Where have all the Pastafarians gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
Lost their scruples every one

Where have all the scruples gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
lost in humour every one

Where has all the humour gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
sailed off with pirates (except this song!)

----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

ivor

You must have been drinking the same bad grog I was.  :mrgreen:  I think the squidlings adulterated it when I wasn't looking.

Aggie

Lads, ye wouldn't be pirates if ye's only called in to one port...   but that works both ways, ye hear?  We expect a periodic raiding party.  It's been a joy to have you here and personally I'm flattered that you stuck by us after the initial bad stuff.

And I must admit that I am currently Captain of a gang of diamond-pirates on another forum, and have signed on as kitchen hand on another Captain's ship (as a Toadfish Sibling - would you believe that I bribed my way on with a bottle of Captain's Delight?!).  Darlica is running the galley on that one, BTW. You've obviously been an inspiration. 

I think you've helped launch the next generation of pirates here - but it won't be the same thing without ye's.  Mind that you Pirate-Toadfish types continue visiting the Monastery to say hullo...
WWDDD?

ivor

I'd like to point out that I am not mad at anyone.  It irks me that TOP has everything.  Why can't I just win the lotto? :mrgreen:

Aggie

*checks tickets from last week*
*has now gone 0:16 against odds of 1:6.1*  :P

Yah, but they don't have as many pubs as we do....  the blaggarts even shut down Lefty's there!
WWDDD?

Darlica

I see I got recuted... :pirate:

I thought I was going to stay at the monestery when I wasn't sailing with Capt. Kitty...

Oh well. If I have to get on board I better stick to the same ship as Agujjim I must be safer to travel with a monk.. right?

Ai! Wait for me! I don't want to be shanghaied  by another crew on the way to the ship!!!

:)
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

ivor

They closed Lefty's?  Unbelievable.

When I get the Virtual Monastery running I will steal all the pirates back with a pirate ship sim game.  :mrgreen:

Aggie

Quote from: Darlica on July 23, 2007, 06:32:10 PM
I see I got recuted... :pirate:

I thought I was going to stay at the monestery when I wasn't sailing with Capt. Kitty...

Oh well. If I have to get on board I better stick to the same ship as Agujjim I must be safer to travel with a monk.. right?

Ai! Wait for me! I don't want to be shanghaied  by another crew on the way to the ship!!!

:)

Heh, you're free to roam wherever you like....  but we may have to see about getting the Cap'n to run a raiding party this way eventually!

We should get Brudder Cuzzin to start up his Pirate Chef thread again...  or a Pirate Recipe thread.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

tm.org - slight delay on initial load; nothing much; clicking links - swift response.

** this post is in code - dont worry if it is meaningless **  ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

Quote from: Griffin NoName The Watson of Sherlock on July 23, 2007, 06:51:54 PM
tm.org - slight delay on initial load; nothing much; clicking links - swift response.

** this post is in code - dont worry if it is meaningless **  ;)

Cool!

Darlica

Quote from: Agujjim on July 23, 2007, 06:47:56 PM

Heh, you're free to roam wherever you like....  but we may have to see about getting the Cap'n to run a raiding party this way eventually!

I know, but I'm a compleet novice to this Pirate thing so I think I'm just going to lurk in the shadows untill I get the lingo. :mrgreen: 
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

DaveL

YArrrr...

Thanks for your warm thoughts Aggie and gang. I will still be here definitely, just busy firing up the Pirate threads back at TOP. That will most likely involve being no more than being forum member, but that's fine. 

We will stage a reverse raiding party in the near future, so watch out!! And (Quote: Master Yoda) bring some new recruits with us we will (eg Deckhand Sharkchum is a HOOT!). 

Darren, you have always been one of my favourites here and I admire your dedication and this board is excellent. I understand your frustration, but build an even more kickass site you will (Quote: Yoda again)!

We all want to grow the Monastery, it's just that we will do it in a different way. It's called the 'YArghhhh Recruiting Method'.

We love ya guys!
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

ivor

Thanks DaveL.  The donations are coming in.  I think by the end of August we should be off NightmareHost. 

I love all you folks.   

Bluenose

Arrrr!  Well this pirate be wum wot will be staying hereabouts.  Sure, Oi ventually went over an joined th' raidin party, but me 'eart still be here in the HOT

Cap'n Bluenose

I will probably continue to post in the pirate forum at TOP, so long as the majority of the priates are over there, but my alter ego, the serious Bluenose will stay here.  I am quite happy to participate in the subversive fun of TOP's pirate forum, but I will not post elsewhere over there.  I will not forget what happenned and, as un-toadfish as it is, I am not yet prepared to forgive and forget.

For serious discussion (which can be fun too) I will remain here and I spend most of my forum time in this place and I can see no reason why that should change.  I consider all the Siblings as my friends and I find I get something different and valuable from all of you here.  This is a unique place and I value it very highly.

Darren, keep up the good work, we appreciate it.  I can't make a donation just now, but maybe in a few weeks when some of my outastanding invoices get paid, I will be able to sling you something.  As far as a server goes, how much do we need to raise to be able to get something suitable?  A target might help us get there.

Sibling Bluenose

Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

ivor

Thanks Bluenose.

I am not sure how much it will cost.  I am trying to get one data base server with raid 5 and a web server with a raid mirror.  Anybody know where I can find one that "fell of the back of a truck?"   :mrgreen: