News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What are you drinking?

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), June 30, 2007, 01:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Bart

I fancy a nice home made Banana Milk shake...

Oh alright...with rum in it.
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Swatopluk

I had tea recently (the ol' cheap Aldi Westminster black tea <see somewhere above>)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

A power vitaminwater. They're surprisingly tasty.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Plain old green tea, brewed with boiling water to extract maximum "goodness" from the scant two teabags I used (for roughly 2 quarts).

I use an old all-glass coffee pot in the microwave for heating the water to boiling.  I tear open the bags, and dump the tea loose into the pot, add hot tap water (my local water is very, very good, actually-- has won awards).

Nuke until water just boils.   Remove from microwave carefully (the handle gets warm, even though it's plastic).

Pour whole through a stainless steel mesh coffee filter into a pitcher.  Add ice. 

Makes a very mild brew that way-- the ice dilutes it to the consistency I like (light brown tint, easily seen through).  It's more of "flavored water" but it IS green tea, with it's inherent anti-oxidents.  The caffeine content is so low, that I can drink this anytime.

*sip*

Mmmmm.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

Chamomile just entering drinkability range

Aggie

Water, as is customary upon waking.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Black tea, still too hot for me.

Sibling Chatty

Fresh new just-changed-the-filters water.

Our water has...issues (hydroflorocarbons especially) that make it prudent for the health impaired (me) to have a filter for drinking water. $58 for new filters. Meh, beats more problems.
This sig area under construction.

Swatopluk

I am surprised that a filter works on those. I'd suspect them to just slip through. What kind of filters do you use?
---
Chamomile tea (who would have thought at this time of day? ;))

Sibling Chatty

The guy at MD Anderson (my former cancer hospital) that specialized in "environmental prevention" (HOW do you prevent an environment of one kind or another??) suggested reverse osmosis might help. Or might not. But it would be better if we tried. So, reverse osmosis filters, actually two different systems, one after the other. It's what he suggested, It's what we did.

The water here isn't that great, really. Some parts of town (the other end, where Mom lives, and my friend Denise as well) have foully sulfurous smelling water. So, we faithfully drag fresh non-stinky drinking water to them. After Sunday, just to Denise, because Mom's moving. And the filters will last longer!

The actual parts per whatever of bad stuff are "within acceptable levels" most of the time with our water, but it's a precautionary thing...as if it makes much difference with a cancer that's going to continue to pop up in new places and grow in the old ones anyway. It provided an illusion of doing something positive, and that's what Dan needed. :dontknow:

Blind fate pretty much sucks. You need at least the illusion of SOME sort of control.

Swatopluk

Reverse osmosis can handle many dissolved substances. Whether it also works on fluorinated compounds I can't say (depends on the membrane material). What pressure do you use?
---

http://images.ciao.com/ide/images/products/normal/263/product-2026263.jpg
Different brand but essentially the same stuff (a Berlin specialty, practically unknown eslsewhere).

Aggie

Carbon filtration would probably take care of 'em....  cartridges should be cheaper than RO filters (but RO is better for inorganic nasties AFAIK).

Too much coffee...  tea time.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Safest would of course be electrolyzing the water and recombining the hydrogen with oxygen from air ;)
----
Carbonated mineral water

Sibling Chatty

I dunno...Dan took what the guy at MDA said, hooked up stuff we bought at Loew's and we went with it. I choose to remain ignorant, because in my opinion, it's all been Bandaid-on-a-corpse thinking all along. This is most likely genetic and ya can't change genetic issues like this by cleaning out the water a bit.

I'm still drinking the water, though.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Swatopluk on August 29, 2008, 12:21:26 AM
Safest would of course be electrolyzing the water and recombining the hydrogen with oxygen from air ;)
Using a fuel cell? I have one of those crazy ideas on the subject: is it easier to electrolyze sea water or fresh water? You could set a  hydrogen plant in the ocean using wind turbines for the electrolysis (using the power then might be inefficient but you could use the now desalinated water).
-------
Raspberry iced tea again.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.