News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What are you drinking?

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), June 30, 2007, 01:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Nope, separate
---
a glass of coke (neither the black refined fossil fuel nor the white refined alkaloid*)

*not that alkaloid anyway :mrgreen:
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

pieces o nine

a strawberry daquiri wine coolery thing which miraculously appeared in the frig
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

Just finished the first office chamomile tea (the one I bring from home in a thermos flask)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Pachyderm

Evil Death Strength Coffee
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Aggie

Pish-weak brewed-with-not-boiling-water coffee.

All the caffeine, mind, just not tarry enough for my taste.
WWDDD?

Pachyderm

You poor soul. Weak coffee is an Abomination (unto Nuggan...)

More Evil Death Strength Coffee. (Bat survey to do tonight. Looking at getting home at about 1 am ish. Need chemical enhancement...)

Aggie

My own fault, due to laziness - used water out of the heatercooler, which works for tea, but not for coffee (at least it's a good fresh-ground dark, I try to avoid the office pre-ground canister coffee).  Normally I bring it up to a full boil first.  I should probably just boil the coffee in during the reheat and then filter; a fine grind takes too long to brew and a coarse grind doesn't get black enough. 

Sounds like you need some Klatchian coffee for night shift assistance. The sphere-world analogue is reputedly available at Tesco, if you have those in your neck of the woods (?).

Cuppa jasmine green going at the moment.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Chamomile tea. I really need it. Yesterday in the afternoon the symptoms of the common cold developed during the train ride home and at the same time I got nasty acid reflux from the stomach. Not being alone the most successful countermeasure (blowing out loudly and repeatedly without a handkerchief) was not an option. And I had no chamomile at hand to sooth the burn. The night was horrible and sleep came only in bits of a few minutes (as the clock told me). I should have put a thermos with chamomile tea next to the bed. How happy I was to drink chamomile tea at breakfast (and now the first mug in the office). I have to remeber to prepare more chamomile tea for the trip home.

Pachyderm

Tesco, you say? Handily, there is a big one just round the corner from the office. An expedition shall be mounted this lunchtime. Thanks.

As it is summer, and in summer no commercial ecologist is allowed to sleep (at least at night) I have resorted to an early morning Evil Death Strength Coffee.

This is earlier in the season that I have done before, but I'm not getting any younger....

Swatopluk

Just had the after lunch black tea to be followed by the chamomile soon

pieces o nine

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot. 
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

Chamomile brewed in the thermos yesterday. Soothes the stomach acid burns but seems nothing to do about the coughing.

Lindorm

Quote from: Aggie on May 19, 2010, 07:08:30 PM

Sounds like you need some Klatchian coffee for night shift assistance. The sphere-world analogue is reputedly available at Tesco, if you have those in your neck of the woods (?).

And under what brand name does Tesco market this preparation, pray tell?
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Swatopluk

Carbonated mineral water