News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

My Hill

Started by Griffin NoName, September 26, 2006, 12:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Sleep now 8 a..m. to 18:00 p.m. on My Hill
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Darlica

I finally got some proper photo editing and drawing programs on the computer on my My Hill. :)
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

pieces o nine

I was just almost Witnessed To, ZOMG!!11one! on my hill.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I declined the Little Red Bible Study Book with, "I'll pass, thank you."

I had to say it twice, at which She blanched and gasped, "Did you say you're agnostic?"

He tried to pull her off my porch and leave, as I shook my head, smiled, and said, "No, I said, 'I'll pass, thank you'." 

I still heard them *not* leaving, so I cracked the door after about ten seconds and She was still hissing, "She *said* she's an agnostic! I'm sure I heard that!"

*closes door, laughs to self, then bitterly regrets not claiming to be CoS*
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Slept from 6 am to 22:00 pm on My Hill. Unpleasant.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Quote from: pieces o nine on February 03, 2013, 09:47:13 PM
*closes door, laughs to self, then bitterly regrets not claiming to be CoS*[/size]

I keep LaVey's little black Bible on my shelf next to a couple of versions of the Xian one, the Koran, the Book of Mormon, the Bhagavad-Gita, some Buddhist literature (I'm lacking a Tanakh I suppose) and a smattering of more modern religious and philosophical writings.  It's a pity that nobody has stopped by to talk about God yet. I'd cook them some spaghetti and have quite a chat.  :mrgreen:
:daz:

I must remember to put an image of His Noodliness up at work. My co-chef's aligned with the CoS (not formally practicing, but keeps a copy of LaVey about. The pentagram tattoo on his left hand and the SINNER tattoo in Old English lettering across his throat make it somewhat easy to guess), but most of the crew's just generally godless. No reason not to make Pastafarianism the official religion... we are a pasta place for the most part. Loose morals? Oh, we've got that covered, don't you worry.  :mrgreen:

There's a reason that I used to lay claim to the title of False Prophet of the FSM with some authority; I've been slinging spaghetti in the shadow of a beer factory since I got my driver's license.  For that matter, said co-chef was married to a stripper and still DJs at the local strip club - he's currently working on putting on a Ladies' Night (as a promoter) at the club, proof that the Stripper Factory churns out both genders. ;)
WWDDD?

Aphos

This is my hill, and I have the lions to keep it that way.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

pieces o nine

Quote from: Aggie on February 05, 2013, 02:21:28 AMI keep LaVey's little black Bible on my shelf next to a couple of versions of the Xian one, the Koran, the Book of Mormon, the Bhagavad-Gita, some Buddhist literature (I'm lacking a Tanakh I suppose) and a smattering of more modern religious and philosophical writings.  It's a pity that nobody has stopped by to talk about God yet. I'd cook them some spaghetti and have quite a chat.  :mrgreen:

My dad used to stack copies of their church newspaper next to the door until there were enough to put in a recycling bag. He *claimed* it was so he could offer copies of The West Nebraska Register to any JW's who might stop by his Hill, offering copies of The Watchtower.

Aggie, sounds like you have a great Hill, over all.  :)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Aggie

Quote from: pieces o nine on February 06, 2013, 01:12:30 AM
Aggie, sounds like you have a great Hill, over all.  :)

Our province claimed to be the Best Place on Earth until recently (they dropped this rather unhumble slogan about a year ago):

I believe that's an overstatement, but it's not too far off in terms of personal liberty.  We have a reputation with the rest of Canada as being weird, unfriendly*, and godless (and stoned) but it goes hand-in-hand with a do-as-thou-shalt attitude and a widespread commitment to living a pleasant lifestyle surrounded by people with similar interests.

*standoffish and cliquey is perhaps more accurate; I'd say we tend to be quite loyal and have long-lasting friendships, but are less welcoming to strangers than some folks.

Perhaps our openness to alternative faith-paths has something to do with a previous decades-long slogan for the province, telling us it was 'supernatural':

---------------

Eating a proper breakfast of porridge and fruit on my Hill, instead of yesterday's chocolate-cake-and-bacon fiasco.   :mrgreen:

WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Apathetic on My Hill. Staring at Aggie's Hill.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Trying to solve a mystery on My Hill.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Sending Watson to Zono's Hill from My Hill.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I hope Watson is fully versed in TCP/IP

Griffin NoName

On Your Hill, or My Hill?
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

From your hill to mine.

Griffin NoName

Sending bottle of TCP to Zono's  Hill from My Hill.
Psychic Hotline Host