News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Portable Air Conditioning

Started by Griffin NoName, April 09, 2007, 04:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

I know the concept.

My current dream is to have a dining room with a table, not a table saw. (The dining room has a china cabinet and 23 power tools in it.) Unfortunately, Dan spend a lot of time that could be used on the construction work and repairs taking care of me, and handling basic cleaning and such.

Life would be much simpler if there weren't boxes of books everywhere, though... OH, well. No books will go, life will remain difficult!
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

There must be a gene responsible for not being able to throw books out. A common gene at that.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

I don't think I could ever throw out a book.  Give 'em away, sure, but throwing out anything other than old phone directories and the like just seems wrong.

Sibling Chatty

The only books I have ever thrown away were ones that did not survive the flooding of the house. I salvaged what I could, but when the mold was so bad you couldn't read the print, out they went.

Understand, even with my mold allergies, a number of them were interleaved with paper towels and powdered to try to dry them out...no matter how miserable the respirator mask got. I was in hospital when Houston flooded, and Dan had dragged as much as he could upstairs, and put furniture and appliances up on blocks by himself. He missed three boxes of books that were in my closet...
This sig area under construction.

Aggie

The only books I've ever thrown out were ones bought on library discard, that I couldn't finish (sooo..... maybe 2?).

I have boxes that we don't have shelf room for sitting in storage in the apartment (and I really don't have the extra space - we are storing boxes under the computer desk).
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

I have book towers dotted around as well as a multitude of book cases.

The only books I "give away" are those which my sister gives me.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Griffin NoName

I have exhausted all possible portable options.

As I can't have a normal split unit either, I thought I was at the end of the road.

But a neigbour has also been researching and is having a different
solution.

Expensive. But sounds like utter perfection. None of the downsides of the portables and gets around the external issues by having just two small grills.

I am trying to decide whether this is going to work or if it is too good to be true.

Psychic Hotline Host