News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Dinosaurs live!

Started by Bluenose, March 09, 2007, 01:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

I was in two minds whether to put this here or on the joke thread, but here goes.

I was idly browsing a newspaper site when I found reference to something called Conservapedia which IMHO is the funniest web site in the Internet.  Funnier than any comedy site because it is not intended to be funny, these guys are serious!  They seek to redress what they see as the "liberal anti-Christian and anti-American bias of Wikipedia and Google".  Of course, God is an American, why didn't I think of that?

Check out their page on Dinosaurs, it's a hoot!

The whole site is full of this sort of stuff.

I had to stop myself laughing - people were beginning to look strangely at me, oh, well yes, that is normal, but on this occasion it wasn't my fault... ;)

Sibling still laughing Bluenose
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Griffin NoName

So I could draw a picture of anything I liked and proof would be found to bear witness to the absolute truth of my picture in the bible. Comforting.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

"Problem" is that the conservapedia got infected by hoaxters already. As is not uncommon with the outer wing of the non-left, the hoaxes were(are?) difficult to detect because they fit in too perfectly (didn't check whether the "judicial activism" has been removed yet).

Edit: It's still there in all its glory
http://www.conservapedia.com/Judicial_Activism
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I don't know if laugh or cry.

So, there are hoaxters posting in the site... undetected?
:donatello: :shuriken: :batman: :aladdin: :nervous: :mrgreen:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling Chatty

I liked the entry for Delaware. All it said--

What a hole.

Phyllis Schlafly is a moron, and so is her son.
This sig area under construction.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

The problem creationists will ALWAYS have, is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to detect a fake creationist.

That is, someone posing as a creationist, and posting utter nonsense.  How can one tell?  There are NO RULES that can be used to weed out such posters from the "real" creationist's utter nonsense. ::)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

But most fakes tend to go off message occasionally when they can't keep from either laughing or barfing. Bwuhhhaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-cough-urrghs!!! ;)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.