News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Toadfish Thought of the Day

Started by Opsa, September 25, 2006, 11:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Psst! Chatty and Aphos go look in Announcements!

Big hugs to our humbly immortal friends!

:) :D :toadfish: :D ;)

Sibling Chatty

Thanks, all. It makes me miss Omnie...the other of the three birthday twins. (Hey, it works for me. I told you I was bad at math.) ;D
This sig area under construction.

Bluenose

If it won't matter in a hundred years, it doesn't really matter.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

unless you believe anything as miniscule as tapping your toes while you're alone affects the course of history.

hey, it could

~Qwerty
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Here's a little thought:

A "No" uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a "Yes" merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble.
-- Mahatma Ghandi

And another one:

It may be bad manners to talk with your mouth full, but it isn't too good either if you speak when your head is empty.
(don't know who...)

I'm back..

Opsa

Hey- that fits right in with what we're discussing in the Interfaith Assembly Hall.

Bravo!

ivor

Instructions for use:

Help the people that help you.
Let beautiful things you see make you cry tears of joy.
Live, love, repeat.

MB

Sibling Chatty

My thought of the day is Somebody Loves Me!!

I've got my new book, my warm throw tucked around my legs and a cup of yummy hot chocolate with a cookie.

I'm saving the peppermint bark until after dinner...

Thank you, Vita, so very much. :-*
This sig area under construction.

Bluenose

A thought for today:

Get even with those who do you a good turn!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

I'm trying to come up with the inspirational thought of the day I had at 2:15 this morning but was too lazy to get up and write down. Might have been incoherent, anyway. It had something to do with change. I may have been trying to psyche myself up for getting back in shape this year. That illness late last year has left me flabby. I don't mind being a bit fleshy, but getting out of breath just walking around is not good. Plus, my jeans are tighter than they should be- darn them!

I don't want to diet, since they've finally come out and said that dieting not only doesn't work but it's unhealthy. I just want to get some muscle tone and endurance back, if possible. That means I have to work my way back into morning stretches and sit-ups. I should begin walking, too. But first I have to convince my mind.

So-

Change is inevitable.
To guarantee it will be change for the better, I must direct the change myself.

(By the way, I did ten sit-ups this morning. I know not to ask for too much at once!)

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

It might help if you're being active for a purpose, not just for its own sake.

Maybe if you take your camera along, for instance, you can convince your body you're going on a "local photo expedition" and not a "walk".  The fact that there's just as much walking in one as in the other is just a side benefit.   ;)

Opsa

Whoa, you're so toadily right, Lambi. I do tend to want to have a purpose. Thank you!

Aggie

Hehe....  I enjoy a walk for its own sake (but I hate running); where I have troubles is slowing down to a pace which is enjoyable for others to walk with me.

What I need is something enjoyable and preferrably not requiring a big equipment purchase that will build upper body strength...  I'll be hitting the pool, but blanking on all else.  I'm all legs, and my favorite sports just reinforce that.  :P
WWDDD?

Opsa

If you're near water, rowing would be fun. Any canoe rentals around?

Wait a minute, you're probably all iced over up in the Great White North. How about shovelling snow for invalids?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I've just read something very nice, and I decide to post it here right away. It's a part of a sermon by Kyle Lake, a pastor of the University Baptist Church and an author and leader of the Emerging Church movement.

"Live. And Live Well. BREATHE. Breathe in and Breathe deeply. Be PRESENT. Do not be past. Do not be future. Be now. On a crystal clear, breezy 70 degree day, roll down the windows and FEEL the wind against your skin. Feel the warmth of the sun. If you run, then allow those first few breaths on a cool Autumn day to FREEZE your lungs and do not just be alarmed, be ALIVE. Get knee-deep in a novel and LOSE track of time. If you bike, pedal HARD... and if you crash then crash well. Feel the SATISFACTION of a job well done - a paper well-written, a project thoroughly completed, a play well-performed. If you must wipe the snot from your 3-year old's nose, don't be disgusted if the Kleenex didn't catch it all... because soon he'll be wiping his own. If you've recently experienced loss, then GRIEVE. And Grieve well. At the table with friends and family, LAUGH. If you're eating and laughing at the same time, then might as well laugh until you puke. And if you eat, then SMELL. The aromas are not impediments to your day. Steak on the grill, coffee beans freshly ground, cookies in the oven. And TASTE. Taste every ounce of flavor. Taste every ounce of friendship. Taste every ounce of Life. Because-it-is-most-definitely-a-Gift."

I'm back..