News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

If I could change any one thing about my life...

Started by Sibling Chatty, January 08, 2007, 06:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

If I could change any one thing about my life it would be--

What?

At any point, major or minor, but not something like "i'd be rich", rather, what you'd have changed so that you would be rich.
This sig area under construction.

goat starer

I would stop worrying about things and deal with them instead.
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

ivor

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Changing your underwear would have made you rich?  :o
That must be a fascinating story... :D :D
----

Not to be rich but a better musician, I would have gone to the conservatory when I was still a kid.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

I would have been born in a part of the world with a common traditional ethnic culture, NOT the shoddy lowest-common-denominator fat-and-salt-are-our-only-native-seasonings consumerist pop-(anti)culture nightmare that is North America.  Bitter?  Yep! 

But credit to my family for at least forging (and continuing to update) our own cherished family traditions, and thanks for being in a culture that does permit personal expression.
WWDDD?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

It's a very difficult question. If I could change anything about my life, what would it be to improve it? The major problem here is, if anything changes, will it actually get better?

Anyway, if I could change anything, I would probably do some things I haven't done (like for example talk to the nice girl in the pub couple of weeks ago, who knows, she might have been the love of my life...) :toadfishwink:

Of course, there are always a few changes that could improve my life, but why? It's much more interesting this way...  ;D

(maybe I could travel into the past and tell my parents to buy those stock with the little apple on it, while the price was still low, that would make an improvement of their financial situation,  and in that way directly in the improvement of my pocket moeny) :)

I'm back..

Scriblerus the Philosophe

I would want to be a better photographer, speaker, and writer then I am now.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on January 09, 2007, 03:41:07 AM
I would change my underwear.  ::)

What would you change it into??

:toadfishwink:

(I won't say "and can I watch" because you'd be em- BARE-ASSED!!)
This sig area under construction.

Vita Curator

I wouldn't take anyone for granted, ever, and love them with everything I had before they were gone and it was too late to let them know how much they were loved, and appreciated, and needed.
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Kiyoodle the Gambrinous on January 09, 2007, 05:12:13 PM
Anyway, if I could change anything, I would probably do some things I haven't done (like for example talk to the nice girl in the pub couple of weeks ago, who knows, she might have been the love of my life...) :toadfishwink:
You made me recall one of the biggest regrets I have regarding a friend for whom I was crazy and to whom I didn't express my feelings, for the -relatively reasonable- fear of rejection. I should have told her and get done with it. The following years would have been far more peaceful... :'(

For the most part I agree with you, it isn't what I did but what I didn't do what I regret the most.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

The whole "friend becomes lover" thing is very problematic in any case. I've always tried to avoid friendships to become "something more", because I've burned myself once, losing a very dear friend of mine (everything became somehow awkward).

But of course sometimes feelings can't be controlled.

(oh my god, stop me, I sound like out of a cheap TV show)  :P

I'm back..

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I was friends with my wife for years before we clicked romantically. This is one of those topics where there aren't easy answers. ;D

Bluenose

I agree.  When it comes to matters of the heart, at some point you simply have to take the risk of rejection and put it all on the line.  It is risky and scary, but the alternative is never to know.  Don't look for perfection, it is an illusion, and don't rely on hollywood for guidance on what love is like.  The only other advice I would give is make sure that the person of your affection is someone you can have a friendship with and especially a conversation.  Those things last much longer than lust and are actually more fulfilling in the long run.

Sibling I have found my life partner Bluenose
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Aggie

Quote from: Kiyoodle the Gambrinous on January 12, 2007, 12:34:01 AM
The whole "friend becomes lover" thing is very problematic in any case. I've always tried to avoid friendships to become "something more", because I've burned myself once, losing a very dear friend of mine (everything became somehow awkward).

I've had it go both ways, and what seems to destroy friendships is unrequited love where the other person either doesn't see it or doesn't want it, or any type of a long, awkward transition between friendship and confirmed couple. What seems to work is a good solid night out at the pub..... worked for me! 

Big rumble for Bluenose re: friendship and conversation.  However, there needs to be a little spark of lust to make the jump over from 'just friends'.
WWDDD?

Gloria The Camel

Well First thing that came to my mind was: move down south to Melbourne. Either Melbourne or the south coast.

But there are a lot of smal things I'm sure we all have and would like to change