News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Where are they now?

Started by Outis the Unready, September 25, 2006, 07:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

At home, again.  Thinking about what I want to eat for breakfast on Saturday.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Vita Curator

At home, on a cold Saturday morning, sipping freshly ground French Roast ambrosia.  Ahh.
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

had a Whataburger with a chocolate malt ... at least that is what I asked for ...

What I got was a plain choco-shake.  Disappointment!

Why is it, that some folk do not care one whit about the job they are being paid to do?

I know it's only fast food, but the young-person who made my "malt" obviously did not care about the quality of their work, or that their name was on it, and it was a bad product.

Back in the day, when I did my time in fast-food, I did care about the results -- within the materials I was given, I st rived to at least match the customer's expectations.  My name  was on the results, as well as the restruants'.

*sigh*

I drank it anyway ...

Sibling Chatty

WhataBurger has that problem...

The HQ chews 'em out, but some franchizes SAY they're giving you a malt if they use a half-teaspoon of it. You and I BOTH know it takes more than that. ::)

If you're ever in Refugio, Texas...THEY make a malt with MALT in it at that WhataBurger. (Family member owns it. LOTS of malt in the malts...by command of Da Boss...)

No WhataBurger here. I miss WhataBurger.
This sig area under construction.

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on October 09, 2006, 01:55:03 AM
WhataBurger has that problem...

The HQ chews 'em out, but some franchizes SAY they're giving you a malt if they use a half-teaspoon of it. You and I BOTH know it takes more than that. ::)

If you're ever in Refugio, Texas...THEY make a malt with MALT in it at that WhataBurger. (Family member owns it. LOTS of malt in the malts...by command of Da Boss...)

No WhataBurger here. I miss WhataBurger.

Personally, I put much of the blame on McD's, who  only serve "shakes".

Not really a big fan of milk-and-icecream.  I can make a better one at home, with better ingredients (add a teaspoon of real vanilla extract to chocolate ones.  Add tablespoon to the "plain" vanilla ones. Add some strawberry preserves to the strawberry ones.  Blend with hand blender).

When I was a laddie, in the 4th grade, we lived in Minneapolis, Minnesota (the dairy state, according to them at the time).  There was an Ice Cream parlor-type-store called "Bridgemans".  They only used the finest ingredients, and they made a real chocolate malt.  Heavenly!  And their vanilla malt had real vanilla extract, not the imitation kind.  Their ice cream was made with lots and lots of milk-fat.  I haven't had a Bridgemans ice-cream for nearly 40 years, but I still remember it well ...

The Meromorph

Ah! Bridgemanns!
They invented the Knickerbocker Glory, and the Lallapalooza Shake, and the Patty Melt - a true Patty Melt has wheat on one side, rye on the other, and Swiss cheese on the rye side and cheddar on the wheat side!
Dances with Motorcycles.

Sibling Chatty

Heh...I'd blame McD's for ruining almost ANY "fast food" by focusing on fast and leaving out the food.

I once presided over a Patty Melt war that included the Original, the rye only option, and the wheat only option. Finally I put down the spatula, turned off the stove and told em' to get me when they had decided... Wheat only?? What's up wif dat?? And it's a PATTY melt, not a bread melt...ya melt the Swill on the mean and the American into the bread, but on top of the grilled onions.

Least that's how my Aunt Jean taught me.
This sig area under construction.

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

At home, in the Sault.  Drinkin' a beer.  Thinking about Samhain tomorrow...  That scroll of the dead's a killer one for me this year.
Insanity takes it's toll; please have correct change.

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

at my computer, in my house, waiting for someone to get on MSN.... posting here... listening to weird al....

procrastinating on Biology homework....

I need to post here when I'm actually somewhere insteresting.

~Qwerty
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

rumblemonk

at work doing nothing at all.

Tansy. do you pronounce it samhain or sow..win....
anyhoo not being rude just wondering.......reading that kinda takes me back high school and november coming fire.......it's true youth is wasted on the young

DeadPoet

I'm sitting here in a quite comfortable chair, with the laptop on a table beside me, in front of my fireplace, with a bottle of (excellent!) Riesling wine. I just sent to Berlin the work of 3 weeks and I'm taking a break now, which explains why I happen to be in a good mood.

Swatopluk

Soon leaving for a (photo) lecture on Tibet.
Was looking for a special topic in scientific literature database.
The first two interesting hits were Japanese, the next Chinese, 4+5 were Russian (none of those languages I can say to be able to understand, although I can read kyrillic).
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

Quote from: rumblemonk on November 06, 2006, 07:41:54 PM
at work doing nothing at all.

Tansy. do you pronounce it samhain or sow..win....
anyhoo not being rude just wondering.......reading that kinda takes me back high school and november coming fire.......it's true youth is wasted on the young

It's pronouned "Sow-in".  :)

I've just finished a cleaning fit.  Waiting for my quiche to be cooked.  Lookin' good in my yoga pants, grey teeshirt and hair in a bun.  :D
Insanity takes it's toll; please have correct change.

Aggie

Sitting at my desk at work.

I think I'm in the wrong time zone....   ???
Back to work.
WWDDD?

Duke

I'm at my computer, wishing, waiting, thinking, listening to Coldplay. I'm in a Coldplay kind of mood.

Duke
"Baldrick, you wouldn't know a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and
danced naked on a harpsicord singing Subtle Plans Are Here Again!"
--Black Adder

The Holy Grail Of Signature Quotes: http://hgosq.blogspot.com/