News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Where are they now?

Started by Outis the Unready, September 25, 2006, 07:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I am in Miami Beach

(Chained to) a desk for 12 hours every day since Saturday.

At least until this Saturday if all goes well....
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

You guys won't believe this, but I, too, am at a computer. Mine is located somewhere outside the greater Washington DC area, up in the piedmont where I hope it's safe.

Autumn is coming on here and the dogwood trees have begun to turn red, all the better to hide the cardinals.

Vita Curator

Hi all.  Back at the computer again in front of my bedroom window in a rural area in Penn's Woods not too far from Harrisburg.  I cannot see the cardinal today Beagle (who is Cardinal Fang?).

Listening to the local news, many people in Harrisburg today protesting for and against proposed gun control legislation.  What  a passionate debate they are having, the newscaster just said that it appears that most of the legislators are "scared to touch it".  Oh well, that is for another thread, eh?

Beautiful autumn day today, mornings are already quite chilly though.  Some of the trees are just beginning to turn.
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Quote from: Vita Curator on September 26, 2006, 11:10:35 PM
(who is Cardinal Fang?)
It's so sad when a person doesn't have a proper grounding in Monty Python.  ;D

Cardinal Fang was part of the Spanish Inquisition:

Watch out for the... soft cushions!!!

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Isn't that Terry Guilliam?

(no one expects the Spanish Inq...)

Vita Curator

Quote from: Sibling Lambicus the Toluous on September 27, 2006, 12:03:04 AM
Quote from: Vita Curator on September 26, 2006, 11:10:35 PM
(who is Cardinal Fang?)
It's so sad when a person doesn't have a proper grounding in Monty Python.  ;D

Cardinal Fang was part of the Spanish Inquisition:

Watch out for the... soft cushions!!!

Hmm, he looks a bit deranged.  Sadly, my Monty Pythonese is sorely lacking, I have only seen a few skits/sketches.  What a deprived life I have led.  I shall have to hit the library and borrow some Python DVD's!  ;)
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on September 26, 2006, 03:41:12 AM
How close to Texoma?  ;D

As I recall, Texoma is in the southern part of the state.

Grand Lake, on the other hand, is in the north-east part of the state, about 2/3 way between Tulsa and the state line to Arkansas.  Or, if you have Google Earth, it's aprox 36°30'19.42"N by  94°57'23.95"W or so.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

The Black Spot

I've been at work every day for the last seventeen days, and today I'm having a day off. This afternoon I might try and actually watch the DVD of Spartacus that I bought about a month ago.

Outis the Unready

Quote from: The Black Spot on September 27, 2006, 11:41:50 AM
I've been at work every day for the last seventeen days, and today I'm having a day off. This afternoon I might try and actually watch the DVD of Spartacus that I bought about a month ago.
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr you sure you're not me? Oh, wait. I took Saturday off.....

where is the butter?
I can't live without butter.
Please pass the butter.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Day off? What is that? Some kind of paralell universe thingy?

Outis the Unready

Yeah. It's like Easter, it only comes once a year and you never know when it's coming until right before it happens.

where is the butter?
I can't live without butter.
Please pass the butter.

Duke

As it turns out, I am on a small volcanic island (but it thinks it's Big) in the middle of the Pacific ocean, sitting on a chair in a building halfway up a volcano. And that's normal for me.

Earthquake(not kidding!)!

Duke
"Baldrick, you wouldn't know a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and
danced naked on a harpsicord singing Subtle Plans Are Here Again!"
--Black Adder

The Holy Grail Of Signature Quotes: http://hgosq.blogspot.com/

DeadPoet

Like the majority of the other users, I appear to be sitting in front of a computer. The computer itself is located a few kilometers outside of Frankfurt, near the Taunus hills (called "mountains" by the natives). I'm listening to old Alan Parsons Project songs, I'm bored, but happy. Have a nice day.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

In front of a terribly messy desk, in a comfy chair, and procratinting about writing my debate case. Listening to Team Glaxay, a silly American Anime show.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Swatopluk

In a comparably comfy chair in front of my uncomfortably slow computer in my office in the Technical Chemistry building of the Technical University of Berlin, Germany, Europe, the West, planet Earth, system Sol, unfashionable Orion spiral arm of milky way galaxy, somewhere in a universe that bred both Paris Hilton and GWB and is therefore to be considered hostile.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.