News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Back from the swamp.

Started by Alchemist, September 19, 2021, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alchemist

Hi all, returning member here, just noticed the email, it had gone into spam.

I'm from way back but never contributed much bar asking for advice on adminning a different forum. Apparently I joined back in 2007! Jeeeze! Long frigging time ago.

A lot has happened, lost my dad two years ago to dementia and my mum last month to Covid-19. I lost my avatar, Robbie the Cairn back 3 years and that was harder. I now how two psychos, an English show Cocker Spaniel and a Mini Schnauzer. They 'mostly' keep me sane lol.

I'm fifty bloody two now, this is so unfair lol.

Nice to say hi again.

Bluenose

G'day mate.  Welcome back to the TFM.  It's always good to greet returning siblings.

Fifty two, eh?  I have some good news on that front:  if you get to fifty and haven't grown up yet, you don't have to.   :mrgreen:
I passed that milestone over a decade ago and have made that my motto.  Of course, having two wonderful granddaughters helps when it comes to the fooling around part of not growing up!
:yar: 
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Griffin

Welcome back Alchemist. Great to see you. My condolences on your loss of parents. We become orphans eventually. Covid is wreaking havoc and it is sad you have been directly affected by it. 52 is still youthful in my ancient eyes, time for more fun and games. 
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Alchemist

Thanks for the welcome back. I remember when Henderson set his attack dogs on us on CoFSM Hate Mail pages. What we got away with lol, now you can't even post a suggestive squash on facebook without copping a 3 dayer.

I get very mad with the antivaxxers and anti maskers. I'll try to keep it in check here. Mum was 87 but she was well for her age and had been vaccinated. Someone who wasn't brought it into the group home and ended up infecting the whole place!

Griffin

Yes, we had fun over there, indeed.

The antivaxxers and anti maskers annoy me too although I've been lucky not to lose anyone. But I am vulnerable myself so wish people would comply. They put me at risk. I have been unfriended by one such on Facebook which upset me greatly. But she is a total conspiracy freak so maybe i am better without her being my friend.
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Alchemist

I've had mates banned for calling them plague rats. I've done it myself but not been banned yet lol.
Frustrates the feck!

Griffin

Well, we are a tolerant lot here at The Monastery, so I guess we have to let the anti-everything types get on with it, but I just wish they'd realise they ae risking other people's lives.
Psychic Hotline Host