News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Guess the Movie

Started by Kiyoodle the Gambrinous, December 11, 2006, 11:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

The Third Man? (quite long ago that I have seen it but the picture reminds me of one scene).
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

Quote from: Swatopluk on March 08, 2007, 12:20:38 PMThe lake monster hint: The villain is named Hogofogo, the Canadian monster is Ogopogo

Suspected as much, not that it helped. 

I think I actually did see Ogie around Christmastime (parents now live near Okanagan Lake); at the least, I saw what is typically photographed in a 'sighting'.  I wasn't particularly impressed, but who knows?
WWDDD?

Opsa

The lady's clothes and hairdo looks more like the sixties to me. Very stylish. My, but they're serious.

They seem to be at a meeting. The reading of a will, perhaps?

beagle

The room looks sort of Café Royal, and the bloke at the back right almost looks like Patrick Macnee.

Is it "The Avengers meet Wallace and Gromit"?

The angels have the phone box

goat starer

I enjoyed that one. Especially the bit where Emma Peel fights the plastacine robot sheep rusling dog.
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

beagle

It always amazed me how often they found excuses to dress her in leather and give her a whip.

What were we talking about? My mind wandered off again. I don't see you guessing, by the way.

Opsa

It's obviously some kind of who-done-it, as the guilty butler in the background seems to be sidlingto the door.

beagle

I think it's one of Griffin's home movies and she is in fact on the stage in front of them singing her karaoke version of "My Way".

goat starer

I can seen Griffin living in a house like that.

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Griffin NoName

House, yes, chairs like that, never. The karaoke is off screen bottom right.

Guess on decade was right.

Let's see how you get on in the bedroom.

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

goat starer

looks like I will get on JUST FINE in the bedroom thanks  :o :-* :o :-* ;D

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Swatopluk

Now I am sure that I don't know the movie (at least not seen it).

Griffin NoName

Ah but I am being devious. I have seen the movie and I'd never get it from these particular stills.

Let's have a closer look at some of the guests:

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Drat! This old monitor and the lighting in this room spoil any details.
Wild guess: Is that Katherine Hepburn on the left? (and is any dinner involved? ;D [if the 'guests' are meant as a hint])
Or is it something about felines with hight temperature metal contacts

OK those one are already in color, so probably a miss. (and the second is not from the 60ies)

No idea

Griffin NoName

Just for Swato we'll zoom in on the lady. It's not Katherine Hepburn. Not even the same nationality. And yes Guests is a hint.

Psychic Hotline Host