News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Problem with Quote

Started by Griffin NoName, December 28, 2015, 03:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

On my new windows 10 machine, I can't use the "QUOTE" function here. As soon as I try to type in the box it throws up, it puts up a page saying trouble with the page. Currently on M$shit browser as line of least defence due to my other IT nightmare - little time for setup here so not yet got firefox.

Most odd problem.

Windows Edge is a bit of weird browser. It's very faint on the screen, so must break all sight standards. Nothing where expected; it's really no different to IE except they've moved everything around. Stupid.

EDIT

oh, the problem only arises in two word story, obviously Swato has loaded something nasty ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bluenose

I hate Edge, and IE to be fair. I always use Firefox except for those few occasions when I go to a vendor's site to do some training or other and the idiots have written it using MS browser extensions.  (Aaatrrggghhhh!)  My thought is to install Firefox ASAP. :)
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Griffin NoName

You are of course correct in as soon as possible. Just getting email sorted is more important right now. Nearly there - I've installed Thunderbird and incoming mail is fine, but composition is odd; the emails disappear when I press send later - just not there anywhere. There's quite a bit about Thunderbird I don't like.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand